FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5

Premium Member

[NFL] Terry Bradshaw says football on the decline

»www.nytimes.com/2012/06/ ··· &ei=5065

Terry Bradshaw said he believed that concern over head injuries would cause football to be eclipsed in popularity by soccer and other sports within 10 years.

Jay Coakley, a sports sociologist at the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, said: “Football is really on the verge of a turning point here. We may see it in 15 years in pretty much the same place as boxing or ultimate fighting.”

Is the NFL inexorably on the decline?

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Seems like it is the most popular sport in America to me. Everyone and their grandma has something to say about a local team or a team they like.
I AM

I AM to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
What I mean is football is vastly popular because there is just 1 game a week for a team. The locals at work, church, bar, etc will talk about that one game coming up or just passed. Casual sport fans can easily follow it and ESPN covers football more than any other sport. Even now in the off season NFL gets more news than the NHL did during their playoff run. I'm a big NBA fan and local papers barely have anything in the paper about the Finals. Just an article by the associated press. They probably have an article just as long about the Eagles OTA's. Football is by far the most popular sport and it is not declining.

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
I couldn't give 2 fucks about Terry Bradshaws opinion about the future of the NFL. Stay on TV bruh, better yet, don't.

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium Member
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos

Premium Member

bruh?

fatness
subtle

join:2000-11-17
fishing

fatness to FFH5

to FFH5
Terry's had a lot of concussions.

AB57
Premium Member
join:2006-04-04
equatorial

AB57

Premium Member

said by fatness:

Terry's had a lot of concussions.

And Terry don't wear no estinkin' tutu.

If you can't concuss, don't play for us.