share rss forum feed

rcdailey
Dragoonfly
Premium
join:2005-03-29
Rialto, CA
reply to Link Logger

Re: Apple granted patent to pollute data collected on you

It's hard to believe that IBM or even Unisys did not have a patent on this or something sufficiently similar long ago.
--
It is easier for a camel to put on a bikini than an old man to thread a needle.

Link Logger
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
said by rcdailey:

It's hard to believe that IBM or even Unisys did not have a patent on this or something sufficiently similar long ago.

I think the problem is the declining intelligence of the patent office, as its pretty apparent that they won't refuse a patent no matter how stupid it is anymore.

Time to get rid of the patent office.

Blake
--
Vendor: Author of Link Logger which is a traffic analysis and firewall logging tool

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

1 edit
said by Link Logger:

I think the problem is the declining intelligence of the patent office, as its pretty apparent that they won't refuse a patent no matter how stupid it is anymore.

One of the problems is in their business model. They directly benefit from selling registering patents. The more they sell/register - the better their financial status... I think it's obvious. And to sell it you don't have to possess any kind of noticeable intelligence too...

said by Link Logger:

Time to get rid of the patent office.

Completely agree... Especially taking into consideration, that instead of promoting innovation (the initial primary goal it was actually designed to serve) now it's often used for suppression of innovation. In other words, not to help to innovate, but to help and promote anticompetitive practices by big corporations... And this process must be stopped.

--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...