uniqs

TECH007
@198.162.74.x

TECH007 to 04193189

Anon

to 04193189

Re: [DSL] attn Rocky .. TekSavvy & Bell PROBLEMS

Really G777,

See this is something I see all the time from clients that have no clue what they are talking about, Or don’t understand the IT Field. Although g777 if you don't like getting answers from people on the form, may it would have been smarter if you posted in the direct form.

Yes Canada internet sucks. But TSI has been working on the customer side for many years. I see you’re very very new to this form, but it may be best to do some research on what Teksavvy has really done for the customers and for you. But yes TSI has been up and down for their quality over the years, but it’s still better then bell, Rogers and so on. If you disagree, hmm then you’re a lost little puppy.

Also if you don’t like the “up to” saying. WHY DID YOU AGREE WITH THE TERMS AND POLICIES OF THE COMPANY when you signed up? But I’m sure if you want a better connection, the higher package may be better or fix up your lines to get the better speeds.

It’s like when a company signs up for residence service and complains that they are not getting business services or have no back up and say “I’m loosing hundreds of dollars a day on my $24.95 connection”. It’s called doing your home work and finding a service that is best in your area. That’s something that IT people do.

From what is see right now is, you have no clue what the Telecom industry is going through, and what leaps and bounds it has done to get around the Big Telecom companies and CRTC changes.

So before you open your mouth, read the CRTC files, read the Teksavvy forms completely from the last 5 years. As it seems you might have missed a lot. Not sure if you were living in a cave or something.

Not sure what field you are in, but it can’t be Information technology.

Now for some learning for G777.

-DSL is based on distance. The cable in the ground or on the phone polls is owned by bell. Although we tax payers helped with building the lines.

-Cable is based on amount of people on the line at the POI and available Signal on the line to your place.

-Last mile is owned by Bell, Rogers and (other telecoms), and it’s illegal to touch their line.

-Yes Teksavvy is an ISP. But they do not own the lines, if they did; Canada’s internet would be a lot better. As long as Gabe does not hit the big button when reaching for his timmies

-DPI’s are owned by the big Telecos (Bell and Rogers). Bell can throttle their own customers and should not touch teksavvy’s customers.

-DSLReports is not owned by Teksavvy, or any telecom companies. As it’s a public form.

- Also you can bond lines for backup and higher speeds too. Like right now I’m using a 75mb connection on DSL. But again, it depends on what is in your area. So if you’re getting slow speeds on dsl. Then line transfer, fix the line or go to cable for better speeds.

If you want better internet speeds, there is many ways of doing it. One asking us NICELY to help, and we can give you Technical Pointers on how to. When you’re posting on this form, there is a LOT of real IT people that will understand and give you the info you need.

So Complain and demanding that a CEO give you an answer that you don’t want is not the best way to do it. Just saying.

So please enjoy the reading on the forms, and feel free to take schooling in telecom side to fully understand what is really happening.

Cheers
Tech

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 edit

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

This is actually a reply to g777
Is not a real IT person; just another techincally adept plebian from the interwebs that enjoys forums. I'm also not one of those magically gifted network engineer types.

We'll run it up the flagpole and see who salutes that booger!

Now this is a real IT person.

Always listen to experts. Hear the impossible then do it.