spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cmcacioppo

join:2012-05-31

[Tampa] Wesley Chapel (TPA) Ubee modem / Internet problem

Just a note beginning to how to raise the ire of even long time BHN supporter/customers.

My Internet with (UBEE Modem) has been wireless and hardwire network slow, sluggish, dropout and every which way to slow and its Lightning. Over the last 4 weeks, I have had a line problem diagnosed and 'resolved' only to have the same network related issues return.

Well today the wireless portion of the service went hard down and no resetting has brought it back. I will open a direct post when I can tonight with the tech details needed.

National RR support reset the modem once more to no avail.

As memory serves didnot we have the same network nonsense last year at this same time do to upgrade to the infrastructure.

These ongoing service (whether the Ubee or the network) issues are exactly what drives people to the evil RED empire.

Please dont make me have to go back there- I came from there and it sux.

CC in WC

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:156
Please open a direct forums thread and include your IP so I can check your equipment real quick...thanks.

cmcacioppo

1 edit
reply to cmcacioppo

cmcacioppo22

@bhn.net
reply to BHNtechXpert
#Why the hell was my modem reset and all the wireless settings wipeout??? This like working on production live equipment without change management or review!! Is BHN network mad or knee deep in something else. !!

Thats strike one and two. There will be no more. I am calling the frikkin fios guys.

reset and wiped the modem!! daft and madness. WOW !

cmcacioppo

direct post and tech info created. back to you.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to cmcacioppo22
said by cmcacioppo22 :

#Why the hell was my modem reset and all the wireless settings wipeout??? This like working on production live equipment without change management or review!! Is BHN network mad or knee deep in something else. !!

Thats strike one and two. There will be no more. I am calling the frikkin fios guys.

reset and wiped the modem!! daft and madness. WOW !

Did you push the reset button on the back of the modem? Thats the only way those settings would be reset as we can't do it remotely.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to cmcacioppo
I just checked and there is no direct forus thread for you.

cmcacioppo

I have entered the info for the 2nd time as indicated by this timestamped cut and paste of th eheader

Connectivity » [Tampa] Wesley Chapel (TPA) Ubee mod. Interne.. by cmcacioppo - 21st Jun 08:10PM

cmcacioppo

1 edit
reply to BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to cmcacioppo
Nobody at the NHD has access to hard reset your modem. While they can reboot the device that is it. There is a reset button on the back of the device. Anyway I have your direct forums thread now thank you.

cmcacioppo

1 edit

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit
said by cmcacioppo:

Thats fine. Yes and its indented. you need to something pointed to do it. none of that here.

I'm here to help you...ease up a bit. You are new here I see so please understand everyone is respectful of each other and is focused on helping each other. It's okay to be upset...but...
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

cmcacioppo

1 edit
reply to cmcacioppo

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to cmcacioppo
I'm not worried about the logs ....no need to post them.

cmcacioppo

This thread is closed as far as im concern, I have my answers. its done.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to cmcacioppo
No actually you have been given no answers yet because I'm still building your test. This does take a few minutes so your patience is appreciated. Check your direct forums thread for an update just posted. Thanks....

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
reply to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Did you push the reset button on the back of the modem? Thats the only way those settings would be reset as we can't do it remotely.

I have actually had a tech do it from his truck on my last service call. I was in the middle of an online game then couldn't get back on for a few minutes, at least till I power cycled my router.
--
»www.akaskriller.com - Your ultimate source for all android needs.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by CptGemini:

said by BHNtechXpert:

I have actually had a tech do it from his truck on my last service call. I was in the middle of an online game then couldn't get back on for a few minutes, at least till I power cycled my router.

He can reset the modem and yes a few of us can default the modem remotely...NHD however cannot. They don't have access. So something happened but honestly lets not dwell on that...lets get this testing done and move forward...
--

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
I'd be interested in the results later on if you don't mind. It helps me learn more so I can help troubleshoot with people better, reading these forums on BBR has taught me a lot over the last few years. If you dont wanna share it here PM me whatever you have the authority to.
--
»www.akaskriller.com - Your ultimate source for all android needs.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
Gem its just automated speed testing that bypasses browser restrictions and other pc related stuff that gets in the way of accurate benchmarking. You've seen me post the results before and yes I'll probably post the graphs again

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to cmcacioppo
Click for full size
Here are your results...

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to cmcacioppo
As you can see the only apparent drop was during your distro download. I'll be in touch today.