uniqs
share rss forum feed

drjim
Premium,MVM
join:2000-06-13
Long Beach, CA
kudos:3

Field Day This Weekend

And as usual I'll be operating the satellite station for K6AA.
Hope to bump into some of you over the weekend!
--
One man's Magic is another man's Engineering.

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
kudos:1
I should be taking turns at K1CRC at some point.
We have some new hams who want to get on the air, so I may be logging most of the time.

AB1NH

fifty nine

join:2002-09-25
Sussex, NJ
kudos:2
reply to drjim
Operated 3.5 hours of 1E low power with the generator. Made about 260 contacts.

mr weather
Premium
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON
reply to drjim
My club was 11A and I worked 20 phone. We packed it in around 12:30pm today as the generator ran out of gas and the weather started looking menacing.

Band conditions were up and down with crazy QSB and QRM. One minute a contact was a solid S9 and the next he faded into the noise.
--
"It's all coming down!!" - Mike Holmes

DrStrange
Technically feasible
Premium
join:2001-07-23
West Hartford, CT
reply to drjim
Operated 2A as part of a club effort. We were kind of casual about it this year and had around 110 contacts over the two days. We had a couple of new hams who had never worked HF, so we gave them a chance to make a few contacts. I must have logged about 10 over 60-90 minutes total operating time over the two days. Weather was great, band conditions were abominable. We eventually put up an 80m double extended Zepp, which made it a bit easier for us to be heard. We had a distraction for the last few hours as one of our members saw a large mulch fire on the way to our site and reported it to EMS [She arrived just about the time we went looking for where the smoke was coming from]. The mulch fire required two mutual aid responses in addition to the initial assignment to knock it down.

burner50
Proud Union THUG
Premium
join:2002-06-05
Fort Worth, TX
reply to drjim
I decided my time would be better spent learning something new...

I started learning to program java so i can write an android app that ive been wanting.
--
I'm tired of killing stupid people just trying to do my job and go home!