Taxes, surcharges, fees$0.00
Total bill $64.98
Total (previous + current) due 07/03/2012$64.98
View statement

Automatic payment | Manage automatic payment

ON
Ecobill paperless billing | Manage Ecobill

ON

So I do have auto payment on and paperless billing on.

Thank you for enrolling to make automatic monthly payments to your Comcast account.

You have authorized Comcast to initiate monthly automatic recurring payments using the card indicated below. The amount shown as due on your monthly bill does not include any debit and/or credit adjustments that post to your Comcast account after creation of the monthly bill. The amount charged to your credit card on the payment due date may include adjustments that post after the billing date.

So do I have to go to a payment center and pay or will they take it out automatically? I don't want to pay the amount at a payment center and end up paying double if they're going to take it out automatically, but at the same time I do want to pay and not be late for payment.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

automatic payment is just that, automatic....
--
I'm better than you!

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Madtown

You have the automatic billing turned on, so it should take it out automatically. When you do sign up for automatic billing though, they say it takes a little time for it to become automatic. I would pay it manually this time, but the next billing cycle will become automatic. It won't charge you twice.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Madtown

It appears you have Auto pay enabled.
If that's what you REALLY want go ahead.
HOWEVER look around for a recent thread where a user on autopay FAILED to check the bill every month for TWO YEARS, and ended up overpaying by thousands of dollars for services he no longer needed.
ComCast MAY pay him back, but they have no legal obligation to pay back more than 60 days.

My suggestion is to have the online/email/and or text notification and to go online to manually send the payment each month.
Autopay is a disaster waiting to happen.

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Nightfall

said by Nightfall:

You have the automatic billing turned on, so it should take it out automatically. When you do sign up for automatic billing though, they say it takes a little time for it to become automatic. I would pay it manually this time, but the next billing cycle will become automatic. It won't charge you twice.

By manually you mean going to a payment center and paying in cash?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to tshirt

said by tshirt:

It appears you have Auto pay enabled.
If that's what you REALLY want go ahead.
HOWEVER look around for a recent thread where a user on autopay FAILED to check the bill every month for TWO YEARS, and ended up overpaying by thousands of dollars for services he no longer needed.
ComCast MAY pay him back, but they have no legal obligation to pay back more than 60 days.

My suggestion is to have the online/email/and or text notification and to go online to manually send the payment each month.
Autopay is a disaster waiting to happen.

If he was automatically paying for services he didn't need, then that is also the fault of the person as well as the company. We have no idea how many services he ordered or turned on and then forgot to turn off. IMHO, its easy to blame the company, as the customer is never wrong. In my experience though, there are many instances where the customer is wrong.

You should always be checking your bill. I get a statement in my email every month with the amount I am paying and a rundown of the charges. I look at this every month and you should as well. Aside from that, I have automatic bill pay turned on and it works great. The first month, I turned it on and I had to manually process it since it said it would take 30 days when I first activated it. No big deal.
--

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
reply to Madtown

You can do it online with a credit or debit card (credit card is safer)

NetFixer
From my cold dead hands
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to Madtown

said by Madtown:

said by Nightfall:

By manually you mean going to a payment center and paying in cash?

You have enabled the autopay feature, so there is no need to go to the local Comcast office to pay in cash (or via any other method). According to your posted on-line session, you should see a payment of $64.98 show up on 07/03/2012 to your credit card/bank account, and it should also show up in your on-line account with Comcast (along with an email notification). If that does not happen, then you can investigate the matter with Comcast and/or your bank.

If you have autopay and you also pay cash at the local Comcast office for the same billing period, Comcast will probably eventually get it straightened out, but why deliberately create a confusing situation?
--
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Madtown

I think I'll just forget about it and if it doesn't take it out automatically then I'll go and pay it that day when I come home from work, if it does automatically pays, then it's all good.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast
reply to Madtown

I make all my payments for all bills manually through my online banking. That way, I have an advocate if any utility says I didn't pay my bill. My bank (Bank of America) will contact the utility and inform them of the electronic funds transfer transaction number, exact time and date of the transaction. And ... if by chance there was an error on the bank's end ... they will pay any late fees if it was their fault.

I wouldn't trust Comcast to dip into my account and take their monthly payment without screwing it up somehow.

jkj860
The Final Frontier

join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN

said by newview:

I make all my payments for all bills manually through my online banking. That way, I have an advocate if any utility says I didn't pay my bill. My bank (Bank of America) will contact the utility and inform them of the electronic funds transfer transaction number, exact time and date of the transaction. And ... if by chance there was an error on the bank's end ... they will pay any late fees if it was their fault.

I wouldn't trust Comcast to dip into my account and take their monthly payment without screwing it up somehow.

+1
--
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant. Nixon

Floppy

join:2002-07-03
reply to newview

said by newview:

That's with any company; not just Comcast.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast

said by Floppy:

That's with any company; not just Comcast.

I do auto-pay with my car insurance company and have been for over 5 years. Car insurance is ONE payment I never ever want to be late on due to the hassle of having to deal with the Department of Motor Vehicles once the insurance company informs them of lapsed coverage.

Maybe I've been been lucky but I have never had any problems with them ... unlike Comcast.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA
reply to Madtown

I would suggest to get off auto pay FAST with comcast. Thats all I can say.

Actually I wouldn't suggest auto pay with any company.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Madtown

said by Madtown:

I think I'll just forget about it and if it doesn't take it out automatically then I'll go and pay it that day when I come home from work, if it does automatically pays, then it's all good.

Makes sense. Look, I pay some bills automatically...but that does not mean that we do not keep an eye on all payments going out...that is just common-sense.

IMHO, your approach is good...if Comcast does a good job with the auto-pay then you save yourself a little effort...if not, then take over yourself.
--
Deeds, not words

AndyDufresne
Premium
join:2010-10-30

2 edits

1 recommendation

reply to Madtown

Look at top right hand corner of your paper statement(.pdf file) It should tell you autopay and date your payment will come out if you want to be 100% sure.

Also wanted to add make sure you have a credit card linked to recurring payment and not a debit card. if debit card and there are any billing issues next thing you know your bank account is in the negative and your on the phone trying to resolve. You don't want the headache.

I would actually suggest for you not to use recurring thru company and set up ebill thru your bank account. That way you control when and how much you pay.

noautopay

@digitalhands.com
reply to Madtown

I suggest you do not use autopayment. What if Comcast does an error on your bill and you paid a large amount to your account. Then you are overdrafted and prertty much your stuck.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by noautopay :

I suggest you do not use autopayment. What if Comcast does an error on your bill and you paid a large amount to your account. Then you are overdrafted and prertty much your stuck.

Only idiots set up autopay and then never check the bill.
--

raylo

@comcast.net

No matter what BE SURE to check your bill periodically. I was a charter HSI customer here back in the early 2000s and was probably one of the rare few then to do a self install. Bought a Toshiba modem at Best Buy. Anyway, a long time later (I won't say how long, it is embarrassing) it came to my attention that Comcast had been charging me to lease a modem. I pretty much had to prove it was not theirs to get it taken off my bill (Best Buy was able to pull up the receipt from years ago and send me a copy!). Then I had another couple of months arguing with them to get a refund for the bogus rental charges.

My GF upgraded her service a few months ago and they double billed her amounting to hundreds of $ in overcharges. Took he a month and a dozen or 2 calls to get that one resolved.

Don't put anything past Comcast.

IowaCowboy
Want to go back to Iowa
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to Madtown

The only things I use auto pay for is the car insurance, renters insurance, and pet insurance as they are the same amount each month. Other providers that I deal with such as Verizon (both wireline and wireless) and Comcast are known for billing errors and I don't want to give them free access to my bank accounts.

I would suggest canceling auto pay as its easier to dispute a billing error before they have your money as opposed to shaking them down for a refund because of a billing error.

rody_44
Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to Madtown

Ive been on auto pay with comcast for around seven years or so. never a hickup and never a problem. Just remember to update your card information when it expires. People are so paranoid. The average person picks up being billed incorrectly. If you really dont trust them just use a credit card instead of a debit card and problem solved.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA
reply to newview

said by newview:

Amen! I never let ANY company do "autopay". There are just too many instances of abuse of that privilege. Like you, I pay everything myself using my bank's bill pay system online. I have everything set up to pay at the same time, so a few minutes (maybe 4 minutes tops) each month and I'm good to go for another month. And it is under MY control.
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Madtown

It says, Auto Pay scheduled

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by Madtown:

Then you are good to go.
--

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

1 recommendation

reply to rody_44

said by rody_44:

Ive been on auto pay with comcast for around seven years or so. never a hickup and never a problem. Just remember to update your card information when it expires. People are so paranoid. The average person picks up being billed incorrectly. If you really dont trust them just use a credit card instead of a debit card and problem solved.

That and checking your bill as it comes due. Autopay doesn't mean you just set it and forget it. Its up to us as consumers to keep an eye on all our billing activities.
--

NetFixer
From my cold dead hands
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

said by Nightfall:

That and checking your bill as it comes due. Autopay doesn't mean you just set it and forget it. Its up to us as consumers to keep an eye on all our billing activities.

+++
--
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sam Kirk

join:2012-06-25
Chesterfield, MO
reply to Madtown

Automatically sent doesn't always translate to automatically received. There's plenty that can go wrong between Point A (you) and Point B (the payee). Sometimes they just don't get the payment. You would not come to know about it soon if you don’t check it regularly.

IDoAllMine

@comcast.net
reply to Robotics

Just because some may have issues: does not mean everyone else does/will also. I have "Every Bill" setup as auto pay. Did I mention "Every" single bill; mortgage, car, insurances; phones; utilities; and yes, even Comcast!!! My personal experience! I have never had any major issues; once or twice couple minor, which I easily resolved. I never ever worry when I go on vacation; oh no, did I pay so and so bill..... This is much safer than giving the young teenager your CC at your local store/fast food joint.
Just my own great experience, and I am "old enough" to know how to keep track of all monthly bank statements.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by IDoAllMine :

Just because some may have issues: does not mean everyone else does/will also. I have "Every Bill" setup as auto pay. Did I mention "Every" single bill; mortgage, car, insurances; phones; utilities; and yes, even Comcast!!! My personal experience! I have never had any major issues; once or twice couple minor, which I easily resolved. I never ever worry when I go on vacation; oh no, did I pay so and so bill..... This is much safer than giving the young teenager your CC at your local store/fast food joint.
Just my own great experience, and I am "old enough" to know how to keep track of all monthly bank statements.

This!

I love autopay as well.
--

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Nightfall

said by Nightfall:

said by Madtown:

Then you are good to go.

Today it is due, how do I know for sure it got paid?