Premium
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

2 edits
reply to Madtown

Re: [Bill] Paying my 1st Bill ever.

Ive been on auto pay with comcast for around seven years or so. never a hickup and never a problem. Just remember to update your card information when it expires. People are so paranoid. The average person picks up being billed incorrectly. If you really dont trust them just use a credit card instead of a debit card and problem solved.

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium
join:2005-07-01
Atlanta, GA
reply to newview

said by newview:

I wouldn't trust Comcast to dip into my account and take their monthly payment without screwing it up somehow.

Amen! I never let ANY company do "autopay". There are just too many instances of abuse of that privilege. Like you, I pay everything myself using my bank's bill pay system online. I have everything set up to pay at the same time, so a few minutes (maybe 4 minutes tops) each month and I'm good to go for another month. And it is under MY control.
--
Teabaggers: Destroying America is Priority #1

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
reply to Madtown

It says, Auto Pay scheduled

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by Madtown:

Then you are good to go.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

1 recommendation

reply to rody_44

said by rody_44:

Ive been on auto pay with comcast for around seven years or so. never a hickup and never a problem. Just remember to update your card information when it expires. People are so paranoid. The average person picks up being billed incorrectly. If you really dont trust them just use a credit card instead of a debit card and problem solved.

That and checking your bill as it comes due. Autopay doesn't mean you just set it and forget it. Its up to us as consumers to keep an eye on all our billing activities.
--

NetFixer
Snarl For The Camera Please
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage
·Comcast

said by Nightfall:

That and checking your bill as it comes due. Autopay doesn't mean you just set it and forget it. Its up to us as consumers to keep an eye on all our billing activities.

+++
--
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sam Kirk

join:2012-06-25
Chesterfield, MO
reply to Madtown

Automatically sent doesn't always translate to automatically received. There's plenty that can go wrong between Point A (you) and Point B (the payee). Sometimes they just don't get the payment. You would not come to know about it soon if you don’t check it regularly.

IDoAllMine

@comcast.net
reply to Robotics

Just because some may have issues: does not mean everyone else does/will also. I have "Every Bill" setup as auto pay. Did I mention "Every" single bill; mortgage, car, insurances; phones; utilities; and yes, even Comcast!!! My personal experience! I have never had any major issues; once or twice couple minor, which I easily resolved. I never ever worry when I go on vacation; oh no, did I pay so and so bill..... This is much safer than giving the young teenager your CC at your local store/fast food joint.
Just my own great experience, and I am "old enough" to know how to keep track of all monthly bank statements.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by IDoAllMine :

Just because some may have issues: does not mean everyone else does/will also. I have "Every Bill" setup as auto pay. Did I mention "Every" single bill; mortgage, car, insurances; phones; utilities; and yes, even Comcast!!! My personal experience! I have never had any major issues; once or twice couple minor, which I easily resolved. I never ever worry when I go on vacation; oh no, did I pay so and so bill..... This is much safer than giving the young teenager your CC at your local store/fast food joint.
Just my own great experience, and I am "old enough" to know how to keep track of all monthly bank statements.

This!

I love autopay as well.
--

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Nightfall

said by Nightfall:

said by Madtown:

Then you are good to go.

Today it is due, how do I know for sure it got paid?

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by Madtown:

said by Nightfall:

said by Madtown:

Then you are good to go.

Today it is due, how do I know for sure it got paid?

1. Check online.
2. If you don't see it, call Comcast.
--

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Madtown

Total due by 07/03/2012.

$ 64 98

Auto Pay scheduled

Manage Auto Pay

It is 6:27amPST, would they had take it out already?

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

Sometime today, probably not first thing (many banks consider electronic transfers to be effective at close of business)

You can set an email or text alert to tell you a payment has been processed.
The think about using a vendors autopay is the first step is their computer sends a request to your bank or card company then then the bank check for authorisation, limits and available funds and responds back it can pay as of and the vendor sends back (after the time/when the actual transaction is recieved) that it has accepted trans #, at .
while the total time is milliseconds, it happens over several minutes or hours, so continue breathing regularly while you wait.

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Madtown

Would the lights on the modem go red or off if CC didn't get paid?

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA

not instantly unless you were months behind. That the thing about billing in advance there is quite a cushion before "PAST DUE" leads to disconnected.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com
reply to Madtown

A lot of these questions could be answered quickly if you would just pick up the phone and call them. As I mentioned before, there was one month where I setup autopay where it didn't process the first month. I did it manually the first month and I haven't had an issue ever sense. I set it up to pay on the 1st of every month, and on the 1st I get an email stating the bill paid.

I have no idea what to expect in your case, and neither does anyone else. Your best bet, since you are concerned, is to pick up the phone, call them, and get the scoop.
--

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA

1 edit
reply to Madtown

Edit: I just went to a payment center and showed them the bill and gave them cash.

TheBigCheese

join:2002-08-05
Philadelphia, PA
reply to Madtown

Notice that Comcast will be adding any charges they can come up with without notifying you and will dip into your account automatically to pay themselves. When I was on auto pay, twice they added bogus charges after sending a bill and never notified me. One charge was hell to get reversed so I would advise everyone NOT to use autopay.

What would you do if they emptied your account and you could not use your card to pay a hotel bill while on vacation or had your card refused at a restaurant while entertaining a client? Putting the money back in after two months would not come close to paying you back.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by TheBigCheese:

Notice that Comcast will be adding any charges they can come up with without notifying you and will dip into your account automatically to pay themselves. When I was on auto pay, twice they added bogus charges after sending a bill and never notified me. One charge was hell to get reversed so I would advise everyone NOT to use autopay.

What would you do if they emptied your account and you could not use your card to pay a hotel bill while on vacation or had your card refused at a restaurant while entertaining a client? Putting the money back in after two months would not come close to paying you back.

I use autopay for all my bills and it really does save a lot of time. I don't want to call bullshit on this, but I really have to. Its always wise to look at your current billing statement every month and be aware of what you are paying for. I get my billing statement a good week before autopay processes. I have never gotten falsely billed.

Autopay is a tool, but its not a set it and forget it tool. You always want to pay attention to your bills.
--

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Madtown

How long does it usually take to process after paying at a payment center? I paid it last night around 4-5pm.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA

1 edit

dup post

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Madtown

Was it an actual ComCast store/service center? or a third party that accepts/handles comcast bills along with some other function (other bills, utilies, shipping/PO boxes, etc.) Cash at a comcast location should be instant ( a few minutes,more or less) on the account summary, next business day for the detail. after hours, Holiday(like 4th of July, and weekends) transaction will be as tendered next business day, so add up to one day.
are you sure you paid YOUR bill? (right account #, printed reciept, etc?)

Is this your very first bill of any kind? you seem a little obcessed.
Slow down, breath deeply, they won't cut you off today.

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Madtown

I paid at a 3rd party, and yes I do have my receipt.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
Snohomish, WA

I guess it would post tomorrow or friday, depending on the agreement between ComCast and the bill pay place.
Might not be a reliable way to pay your bill at the last minute, depending on how CC handle late charges for bills paid through them.

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
reply to Madtown

It has been processed.

goofy01

join:2004-02-05
Hammond, IN

The in person payment or the auto pay?