Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to Madtown

Premium Member

to Madtown

Re: [Bill] Paying my 1st Bill ever.

It appears you have Auto pay enabled.
If that's what you REALLY want go ahead.
HOWEVER look around for a recent thread where a user on autopay FAILED to check the bill every month for TWO YEARS, and ended up overpaying by thousands of dollars for services he no longer needed.
ComCast MAY pay him back, but they have no legal obligation to pay back more than 60 days.

My suggestion is to have the online/email/and or text notification and to go online to manually send the payment each month.
Autopay is a disaster waiting to happen.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by tshirt:

It appears you have Auto pay enabled.
If that's what you REALLY want go ahead.
HOWEVER look around for a recent thread where a user on autopay FAILED to check the bill every month for TWO YEARS, and ended up overpaying by thousands of dollars for services he no longer needed.
ComCast MAY pay him back, but they have no legal obligation to pay back more than 60 days.

My suggestion is to have the online/email/and or text notification and to go online to manually send the payment each month.
Autopay is a disaster waiting to happen.

If he was automatically paying for services he didn't need, then that is also the fault of the person as well as the company. We have no idea how many services he ordered or turned on and then forgot to turn off. IMHO, its easy to blame the company, as the customer is never wrong. In my experience though, there are many instances where the customer is wrong.

You should always be checking your bill. I get a statement in my email every month with the amount I am paying and a rundown of the charges. I look at this every month and you should as well. Aside from that, I have automatic bill pay turned on and it works great. The first month, I turned it on and I had to manually process it since it said it would take 30 days when I first activated it. No big deal.