uniqs
share rss forum feed

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
reply to OwlSaver

Re: It is not just speed

said by OwlSaver:

I switched from Comcast to FiOS when it became available with the idea of switching back and forth every few years. But, I have never gone back.

I have 35/35 on Verizon and regularly see speeds of 42/38. Verizon does not market this but a lot of people seem to get it. On Comcast they market PwerBoost that speeds up for a short time. You may even have to pay extra for it.

I have had a line monitor on my home network since I had DSL before Comcast. My FiOS speeds are rock steady while Comcast was all over the map.

I do not need 300/65 but I really appreciate the rock steady nature of FiOS.

No one is even talking about FiOS quality of service. The article is about how 300 Mbps is simply not necessary at this point. Which even you admit is the case.

iansltx

join:2007-02-19
Austin, TX
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon Online DSL
·Comcast
The FiOS quality of service comes with the product, speed or no speed.

Also, funny how BHN didn't even address how FiOS's second-lowest tier is now faster than their fastest tier.

I don't care a ton about download speeds, but if I could get 150/65 for the price VZ sells it for, I'd do it. Or 50/25 for the price they sell it for, for that matter.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by iansltx:

The FiOS quality of service comes with the product, speed or no speed.

And that's not germane to the topic. But you're are proving my point. You can get excellent internet service from FiOS WITHOUT having to get their 300 Mbps tier.

OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA
I agree that it is not germane, but we seem to get fixated on a single dimension. In this case it is speed. In the past, there were blender buttons and camera pixels. A consumer needs to be educated so that they get value that is useful to them.
Expand your moderator at work