Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tompor1

join:2012-06-21
Wayne, MI
reply to DarthSaruman

Re: WOW outage

Really terrible service since we changed to WOW as much as I dislike Comcast I am ready to go back. At least we had tv and internet most of the time.

particleZ00

Trenton, MI
reply to DarthSaruman

OMG...

I am entertaining guests tonight, as it is the NBA Finals..!

Seriously, what the fudge is going on here?

Utterly unacceptable!

particleZ00

Trenton, MI

10:34PM... & still no NBA Finals...!

FileShackOrg

join:2005-01-26
Lincoln Park, MI

still down here as well

SaltyDawg1

join:2011-06-29

1 edit
reply to DarthSaruman

Not happy either---actually very angry. Ever since WOW did that stupid digtal transition, problems have been constant. Constant re-scans, outages, checkered pictures at times. Bring back analog basic.
Also, Internet was down a while and now is very slow. Gonna call tomorrow and ask for a credit on my account.

braxx

Dearborn Heights, MI

I've been with WOW for 3 weeks now and am very disappointed. This ULTRA sucks, slow as heck to scroll through the guide, lock ups and freezing.
Now today (Still right this moment) I'm getting "Signal loss detected" for $185 a month I expect it to work.
I'll be calling on Monday or Tuesday to make some changes/get something done.

Thecloser

join:2008-09-25
Taylor, MI
reply to DarthSaruman

in and out here as well since the storm blew through ( and it even pulled the hook that holds the line up in the air) out of the side of the house....

Nappyhoose

@wideopenwest.com
reply to WOW_Dan

Most people have Internet on their cell phone. Put a message up on the web site. That was the first place I looked.

wayne mi

@wideopenwest.com
reply to WOW_Dan

Ready to give up WOW it has been terrible since we switched.
We got nuttin in Wayne Come on WOW step it up.

wagg3

@wideopenwest.com
reply to WOW_Dan

10:30 in Clinton Township.... still having problems with cable, would be nice to get an update.

Nappyhoose

@wideopenwest.com
reply to DarthSaruman

Up and down all night here in Troy as well.

FileShackOrg

Lincoln Park, MI
reply to braxx

I would call for a bill adjustment if I was you.

particleZ00

Trenton, MI

Well.. it is 11:45PM and the NBA Finals game has ended & I saw 14 minutes of it! I am rather peeved, this is not 1st rate anything.

I am done with W.O.W. Sorry to say, too many things are adding up, this was the catalyst.

LordKronos

join:2002-01-02
Dearborn Heights, MI
reply to DarthSaruman

I too have been having very spotty and slow internet service, even right now. It took me about a dozen attempts at loading this thread to get it to come up. Same thing has happened on every other website I try.

pparks1

join:2002-01-01
Westland, MI
reply to DarthSaruman

My phone was dropping out around 7pm in Westland. We've had a few pauses on the TV from 11:15 to 11:45pm and my internet has stuttered a couple of times. It's certainly not unacceptable, but it's not normal tonight either.

KMH

@sbcglobal.net

Cable still out (11:50 pm), and no phone service. We're in Beverly Hills, MI. When I call WOW (from my cell phone), I get a recording telling me not to bother to report the outage. UNACCEPTABLE. We ordered internet, phone, and cable from WOW and had to drop the internet service after 6 days because of very slow inconsistent connection (went back to AT&T). I guess it's time to switch phone and cable away from WOW as well. And we've been customers for less than one month.

Sal Monella

@mycingular.net
reply to DarthSaruman

ABC HD was out after 9 pm. Completely. ABC digital would come and go. Sterling Heights. Still out.

FileShackOrg

Lincoln Park, MI

going to think about calling comcast tonight. will depend how I feel tomorrow.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to DarthSaruman

Boy, this topic sure lit up...

Interesting how cable, phone and internet are separated from each other. At the time of this writing, phone and internet are solid but TV cable is down and they've been randomly up/down at different times all night.

Also interesting how this thread lit up so quick.

Big Jimmy

@wideopenwest.com
reply to DarthSaruman

Re: WOW outage

Yeah, I'm really mad about the outage too. It's completely unacceptable that WOW has TWO outages in recent memory (today, and once two years ag), and I'm going to go take my business somewhere else since nobody is fixing it right away. Thunderstrikes in the area? I don't care, get a WOW guy up on the pole and fix it.

Seriously people, get a grip. Yeah, there's an outage, and yeah it sucks it just happened to be the same night as the playoff finals, but if you can't handle being without TV/internet for a day then you've got bigger things to worry about than what's on TV. Dan said they're working on it, which means they're working on it. Or call Comcast and wait a few weeks for them to come out and get you hooked up.

asylum23

@spcsdns.net
reply to Sal Monella

Shelby Twp here.
Internet was going slow, now completely out. Half of high def channels & half of HBO channels working , other half don't. Regular non-high df none working.
What is WOW going to do to give all MI customers credits on their bill???

mix

join:2002-03-19
Utica, MI

1 edit

All my dta adapters were non functional until I tuned them to channel 17. After about 10 min they started working again. My piece of crap Pace hd box which I need to trade in never seemed to stop working, of course I have to power cycle it at least once a day because it will literally freeze and become non functional in the guide or during channel changes. I didn't notice my internet stop working... though the power here at my house in Shelby went out for several hours starting at about 4:45 pm. I wouldn't be surprised if this outage was weather or brown out related.

I can confirm what others are saying on a lot of the other threads about most channel feeds having random garbled pictures for a few seconds at random intervals. This has been going on for many months. I assume that there are engineers here in Michigan who actually have WOW cable tv at their homes and notice these problems (even more than me since it's part of their job). How can this go on for months and months with no solution?

adam1991

join:2012-06-16
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to Big Jimmy

said by Big Jimmy :

Yeah, I'm really mad about the outage too. It's completely unacceptable that WOW has TWO outages in recent memory (today, and once two years ag), and I'm going to go take my business somewhere else since nobody is fixing it right away. Thunderstrikes in the area? I don't care, get a WOW guy up on the pole and fix it.

Seriously people, get a grip. Yeah, there's an outage, and yeah it sucks it just happened to be the same night as the playoff finals, but if you can't handle being without TV/internet for a day then you've got bigger things to worry about than what's on TV. Dan said they're working on it, which means they're working on it. Or call Comcast and wait a few weeks for them to come out and get you hooked up.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

bravo.

Jonzy2005

@wideopenwest.com
reply to asylum23

Mine has been out since noon. 13 hours of no phone, cable, or internet! Seriously wtf are we paying for when we have to sit here and deal with this garbage. I emailed Wow! Wow there phones were down and they only told me it was a major outage and they had no estimated time of it being fixed. That was about an hour ago so clearly nothing has been done and everyone is just sitting here able to do nothing.

Ohhh_Wow

@wideopenwest.com
reply to asylum23

In Sterling Heights, cable has been out most of the time...phone sporadically. Internet has been pretty much a-okay.

To solve the news fix, the good ole antenna hooked to the flat screen gives me the basics and the cell phone is on. Technology is not flawless. For those impatient and can't cope with technology's little hiccups, maybe it's time to turn off the tube and all those other nuisances and pick up a book. The only issue you'll have is if the power goes out after dark, but then, candles do the job

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:32
reply to DarthSaruman

Some issues seemed to return later at night. Our engineers were on all night troubleshooting this issue, and still continue to investigate the cause as well as any lingering issues related to the outage.

Nappyhoose

@wideopenwest.com
reply to DarthSaruman

Back up this morning but still missing some channels.

Zuggamom

join:2012-06-22
reply to DarthSaruman

My husband was REAL upset about the no fox 2 all night and screamed at me repeatedly for changing to WOW from Comcast. I wish they'd get this situation fixed

smunro622
Premium
join:2006-02-15
Madison Heights, MI
reply to DarthSaruman

i turned it off at about one am as only 2-3 or channels worked at that time.

troubleagain

@wideopenwest.com
reply to Nappyhoose

dslreports should orchestrate more outages. I think half the posters are first timers. Welcome!!