Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

asylum23

@spcsdns.net
reply to Sal Monella

Re: WOW outage

Shelby Twp here.
Internet was going slow, now completely out. Half of high def channels & half of HBO channels working , other half don't. Regular non-high df none working.
What is WOW going to do to give all MI customers credits on their bill???

mix

join:2002-03-19
Utica, MI

1 edit

All my dta adapters were non functional until I tuned them to channel 17. After about 10 min they started working again. My piece of crap Pace hd box which I need to trade in never seemed to stop working, of course I have to power cycle it at least once a day because it will literally freeze and become non functional in the guide or during channel changes. I didn't notice my internet stop working... though the power here at my house in Shelby went out for several hours starting at about 4:45 pm. I wouldn't be surprised if this outage was weather or brown out related.

I can confirm what others are saying on a lot of the other threads about most channel feeds having random garbled pictures for a few seconds at random intervals. This has been going on for many months. I assume that there are engineers here in Michigan who actually have WOW cable tv at their homes and notice these problems (even more than me since it's part of their job). How can this go on for months and months with no solution?

adam1991

join:2012-06-16
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to Big Jimmy

said by Big Jimmy :

Yeah, I'm really mad about the outage too. It's completely unacceptable that WOW has TWO outages in recent memory (today, and once two years ag), and I'm going to go take my business somewhere else since nobody is fixing it right away. Thunderstrikes in the area? I don't care, get a WOW guy up on the pole and fix it.

Seriously people, get a grip. Yeah, there's an outage, and yeah it sucks it just happened to be the same night as the playoff finals, but if you can't handle being without TV/internet for a day then you've got bigger things to worry about than what's on TV. Dan said they're working on it, which means they're working on it. Or call Comcast and wait a few weeks for them to come out and get you hooked up.

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

bravo.

Jonzy2005

@wideopenwest.com
reply to asylum23

Mine has been out since noon. 13 hours of no phone, cable, or internet! Seriously wtf are we paying for when we have to sit here and deal with this garbage. I emailed Wow! Wow there phones were down and they only told me it was a major outage and they had no estimated time of it being fixed. That was about an hour ago so clearly nothing has been done and everyone is just sitting here able to do nothing.

Ohhh_Wow

@wideopenwest.com
reply to asylum23

In Sterling Heights, cable has been out most of the time...phone sporadically. Internet has been pretty much a-okay.

To solve the news fix, the good ole antenna hooked to the flat screen gives me the basics and the cell phone is on. Technology is not flawless. For those impatient and can't cope with technology's little hiccups, maybe it's time to turn off the tube and all those other nuisances and pick up a book. The only issue you'll have is if the power goes out after dark, but then, candles do the job

WOW_Dan
Premium
join:2011-03-24
Naperville, IL
kudos:32
reply to DarthSaruman

Some issues seemed to return later at night. Our engineers were on all night troubleshooting this issue, and still continue to investigate the cause as well as any lingering issues related to the outage.

Nappyhoose

@wideopenwest.com
reply to DarthSaruman

Back up this morning but still missing some channels.

Zuggamom

join:2012-06-22
reply to DarthSaruman

My husband was REAL upset about the no fox 2 all night and screamed at me repeatedly for changing to WOW from Comcast. I wish they'd get this situation fixed

smunro622
Premium
join:2006-02-15
Madison Heights, MI
reply to DarthSaruman

i turned it off at about one am as only 2-3 or channels worked at that time.

troubleagain

@wideopenwest.com
reply to Nappyhoose

dslreports should orchestrate more outages. I think half the posters are first timers. Welcome!!

FileShackOrg

join:2005-01-26
Lincoln Park, MI
reply to adam1991

Yea. Continuous problems are fun come on guys.

Seriously though when a provider is responsible for critical services such as a telephone they need to be on that quickly. I don't remember a time when AT&T went down for the whole state of Michigan at the same time. Totally unacceptable.

mix

Utica, MI
reply to DarthSaruman

Internet just crapped out here in Shelby for about 10 min.

Bill_MI
Bill In Michigan
Premium,MVM
join:2001-01-03
Royal Oak, MI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·WOW Internet and..
reply to DarthSaruman

I have some data from Royal Oak for internet only. Cable TV and phone were both longer.

Internet was virtually down (50% packet loss average) from 10:44PM to 12:03AM.

Unusually high (5%) packet loss was measured a few times before and after that but far less affect. The last of this was 2:37AM this morning.

Clear sailing since. I like real data.

WOW_Dan
Premium
Naperville, IL

We've closed out every issue we had on our side at this time. All issues should be resolved.

FileShackOrg

join:2005-01-26
Lincoln Park, MI

cable just stopped working again on both boxes in lincoln park just now.

smunro622
Premium
Madison Heights, MI
reply to DarthSaruman

we where good 4 430ish, dan what was the cause?

aes128

join:2003-12-19
Saint Clair Shores, MI

My Internet was fine during this outage, only TV was effected. As someone who works in the NOC for a company with lots of connections and dual Gig Internet connects in diverse locations... Stuff happens. WOW has, in general, been OK by me. I get it that sometimes outages happen. They happen at Chrysler, they cost us money, we try to make them as small as possible bit still, it happens. Life goes on.

You should see the people all worked up when our dealer net craps out, it is an amazing thing to see. If it were to be too long I bet Sergio would be on the phone.

mix

Utica, MI

I think this event was just the tipping point for some people who have noticed issues with their service for quite a while. I guess WOW is lucky this didn't happen during the Super Bowl, as I could imagine angry customers marching on the local office.

aes128

Saint Clair Shores, MI

I guess I am lucky in that I have always have had good service however I only have basic cable as I care little for TV. The whole "ultra" thing does not concern me as I do not care.

I do not care about the Superbowl either so I guess I am not the "normal" WOW user.

In general if WOW provides me good Internet access, that is all I care about.

smunro622
Premium
Madison Heights, MI

I could really care less about tv between apple tv hulu plus netflix and amazon prime all I need is internet in most cases. No internet really kills me, as it kills work time and conf calls.

aes128

Saint Clair Shores, MI

Exacly

Macomb

@wideopenwest.com
reply to smunro622

i'm still having lots of issues. internet speeds, tv going out. my Clear-QAM is all screwed up with channels all over the place and out of order.

WOW_Dan
Premium
Naperville, IL

said by Macomb :

i'm still having lots of issues. internet speeds, tv going out. my Clear-QAM is all screwed up with channels all over the place and out of order.

You should call customer service. The outage has been over for a while. Sounds like you have an isolated issue.

Inflex

join:2002-09-05
reply to Zuggamom

said by Zuggamom:

My husband was REAL upset about the no fox 2 all night and screamed at me repeatedly for changing to WOW from Comcast. I wish they'd get this situation fixed

If your husband is screaming at you over a TV channel you have much, much bigger problems to worry about.

Do you worry for your safety?

aes128

Saint Clair Shores, MI

said by Inflex:

said by Zuggamom:

If your husband is screaming at you over a TV channel you have much, much bigger problems to worry about.

Do you worry for your safety?

Exactly, it's flaming TV. When it was messed up for me I thought, Oh well it will be fixed soon and I did other things. No one should get worked up because a cable channel is out, really.