Search similar:

uniqs
47717768 (banned)
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

3 edits

47717768 (banned)

[Rant] USPS

I have ordered an item off eBay so after the item has arrived i have found that the item was missing, and the 2nd envelop was torn in to peaces. So what USPS did they have ran it thru the machine, and the item has fall off.

Also here is what print on the USPS envelop say's:

Dear valued customer:

I want to extend my sincere apology as your Postmaster for the enclosed document that was inadvertently damaged handling by your Postal Service.

We are aware how important your mail is to you. With that in mind, we are forwarding it to you in an expeditious fashion.

Has something like this happened with your shipment?

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue

Premium Member

said by 47717768:

I have ordered an item off eBay so after the item has arrived i have found that the item was missing, and the 2nd envelop was torn in to peaces. So what USPS did they have ran it thru the machine, and the item has fall off.

Also here is what print on the USPS envelop say's:

Dear valued customer:

I want to extend my sincere apology as your Postmaster for the enclosed document that was inadvertently damaged handling by your Postal Service.

We are aware how important your mail is to you. With that in mind, we are forwarding it to you in an expeditious fashion.

Has something like this happened with your shipment?

Yes. My item was gone.
47717768 (banned)
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned)

looks like it's has been going on for a long time »hardforum.com/showthread ··· =1153586

thegeek
Premium Member
join:2008-02-21
right here

thegeek to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768
I just recently mailed a book to a family member in a Priority mail envelope. When they got the package the book was gone. The mangled and torn Priority envelope was stuffed inside another envelope. No note from the Post Office offering an apology though.

Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

Bamafan2277

Premium Member

I've had this happen once to a letter. It was post marked 3 years before and had foot prints and all kinds of dirt on it.

It apparently fell off their sorting machine and they decided to walk on it for 3 years before delivering it. Luckily it was junk mail anyways.

John2Jonnie
No Defeat ~ No Surrender
Premium Member
join:2000-08-11
NJ

John2Jonnie to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768

Worse for me was when I bought (from eBay) a dozen CDs that were designed to look like 45 records. After thirty-five days I email the seller and I received a replacement shipment within a few days.

About two months later I received a large envelope from the Post Office with a torn packing list that showed my name and address and what I had purchased. Along with this was, taped together, were the remains of 3 fractured CDs, four crushed CD cases and the original mailing label.

47717768 (banned)
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned)

On another hand i think that the seller is somewhat responsible as well for not using good packaging materials. I have shipped a lot of items by USPS, and the buyers were happy with the items and the packaging materials i have used.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by 47717768:

On another hand i think that the seller is somewhat responsible as well for not using good packaging materials. I have shipped a lot of items by USPS, and the buyers were happy with the items and the packaging materials i have used.

i order "mary janes" for dad from amazon every few months (i swear hes addicted to them) the shipper just shoves a 5lb bag in to a priority mail envelope and sends it, it ALWAYS arrives ripped all around (they seem to wrap the whole thing in tape) im waiting for the day i get an empty envelope, (they could use a box..)

Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show
join:2000-01-05
Lynn, MA
·DSL EXTREME

Madness to 47717768

to 47717768
Oh, I remember one. About 6-7 months ago, I bought a Criterion-issue DVD boxset off eBay. It came in a beat-up box, no packing material & w/ a note inside. The note stated that the package had been damaged & repackaged at an "inspection center" in Atlanta.

There was slight damage to the DVD set's slipcase, so I contacted the seller. He stated, that, yes, he had securely wrapped it in packing material. Yet, the USPS left it flopping around in an empty box that could've held at least 5 more sets of similar size.
47717768 (banned)
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned)

Yea. It is very possible USPS opens the packages, plays football with them, repacks them, and the shipment is ready to go

It would not be surprising there is theft involved as well.

47717768 (banned)

Now if it is a legal package or a document it always arrives in a good shape. Oh wait USPS is a federal company

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

cowboyro to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768
I've seen packages being sorted by USPS. Being thrown from a station in the appropriate cart... sometimes they would miss the cart or fall off...
I'm not saying this may not happen at UPS or FEDEX as well... but it is a thing to consider, anything should be packed so that it can take multiple falls from few feet high.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by cowboyro:

I've seen packages being sorted by USPS. Being thrown from a station in the appropriate cart... sometimes they would miss the cart or fall off...
I'm not saying this may not happen at UPS or FEDEX as well... but it is a thing to consider, anything should be packed so that it can take multiple falls from few feet high.

I got my shift panel today by USPS. The package was crushed on one end. I was about to tell the worker to wait and see if it was damaged or not. The seller had bubble wrap and packed with peanuts. The shift panel did have a scratch on it. Good thing he packed it right.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768
Got my Amazon package via USPS today - in perfect condition and a day before the promised date, with prompt tracking updates so I knew to go and look for it (I usually take delivery at work).

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

1 recommendation

Hall

MVM

said by dave:

Got my Amazon package via USPS today - in perfect condition and a day before the promised date, with prompt tracking updates so I knew to go and look for it (I usually take delivery at work).

Your package arrived safe and on-time just like MILLIONS of others that the USPS processes every day...

MEDIAN2k3
Your Ad Here
Premium Member
join:2002-12-04
Howard Beach, NY

MEDIAN2k3 to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768
I actually shipped 2 packages this week with USPS and both arrived not damaged and without issue.

Both packages were shipped from Bronx, NY

2 days to CA ($7) and 2 days to FL ($20) not bad for what I paid.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768
Most Amazon orders I get tend to arive a day early if shipped via USPS that includes orders from Amazon.UK as well.

Fronkman
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Premium Member
join:2003-06-23
Saint Louis, MO

Fronkman to 47717768

Premium Member

to 47717768
Sounds like a case of poor packaging. Envelopes make for TERRIBLE packaging for anything other than sheets of paper. Complain to the seller, get a refund.
47717768 (banned)
Birmingham, AL

47717768 (banned)

said by Fronkman:

Sounds like a case of poor packaging. Envelopes make for TERRIBLE packaging for anything other than sheets of paper. Complain to the seller, get a refund.

This is what i have done already. The seller was very nice, and has issued a full refund without any questions.