spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

New Service - Truck Rollout?

Hi Everyone,

Is a truck rollout still required for HSI? I thought i read recently something that was no longer the case?

Thanks

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I started Comcast HSI last month. No truck roll, no leased modem, no self install kit. I already had cable TV though.
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

So I'm assuming you purchased a modem (compatible one) & called them up & had them add HSI to your account. Was there anything from the modem you had to tell them (i.e. MAC address, serial #, etc)?
said by graysonf:

I started Comcast HSI last month. No truck roll, no leased modem, no self install kit. I already had cable TV though.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I ordered the service online, then went to Best Buy and picked up a modem - everything sold at retail is compatible.

When I got home with it I plugged it in and called Comcast to activate it. All they needed was the modem MAC address. The service was working within minutes while I was still on the phone.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to TheMayor

Premium Member

to TheMayor
CHSI has never required a tech visit for a modem install. Thats assuming you have tv thru comcast. From day one back about ten years or so CHSI has offered self installs.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2 to TheMayor

MVM

to TheMayor
I did a self-install kit. However, I had some border-line signal issues, and although I pretty much solved it on my own (turns out to have been primarily splitter-related) if I had to do it over, I'd probably let them send out a tech.