spc
Search similar:

uniqs

HardwareGeek
join:2003-11-15
Brooklyn, NY

HardwareGeek

ConEd Level Pay Thing a Ma Jig

So I have been lucky enough that most of the places I have lived included light and gas, but the newest place I call home does not include light or gas and I got my first light and gas bill.

Keyspan bill was 6 bucks but the ConEd bill for 18 days was 29.90. I assume had it gone the entire month it would have been 50 or so. The bill says the meter was read so I assume someone read it and it was not estimated.

But what is this level pay can someone explain it to me, the coned chick seemed to fumble over her words and don't trust their website.

It said if I paid 56.00 instead of 29.90 I will be in the level pay plan. But what is it. Do I always pay 56 dollars or do I always pay 56 dollars and then every year if I overpaid I get a credit if I underpaid I have to pony out cash?

Please Tell me cause im a confused puerto rican dude.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

In a nutshell -- there are natural swings in your usage. You use more electric in the summer (A/C) Nd more gas (heating) in the winter.

Instead of getting a $600 bill because it spiked two months -- they have level billing where you pay what is essentially an average of the yearly charges so you can budget better.

You still owe the real amount due however. Don't mistake that. At the end of the year (or whatever the true up date is) the utility will tell you that you either owe them money or they owe you. Like the IRS lol

In your case, as a new tenant, the accuracy may be off since they don't have a full year of charges to benchmark against.

HardwareGeek
Brooklyn, NY

HardwareGeek

That's what I figured, I may try it. I bet those fools will owe me money or maybe I'll owe a couple dollars. I doubt I will go over.

30 dollars for 18 days, only 75 kwh used. I am guessing my bill will be 50 - 80 dollars. in the summer months and 50 - 60 in the winter months.

I may just try level pay a ma bob.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

keep an eye on the actual charges

HardwareGeek
Brooklyn, NY

HardwareGeek

What do you mean actual charges? Delivery Fee's etc?

Also is the level out plan worth it?

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

Level plan is worth it if you are on a budget.

Keep an eye on your actual usage, the monthly rate is based on an estimate. If their guesses don't match up to real-world usage and prices you might end up owing a lot more money than you expect.

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

Stacy to HardwareGeek

Premium Member

to HardwareGeek
said by HardwareGeek:

That's what I figured, I may try it. I bet those fools will owe me money or maybe I'll owe a couple dollars. I doubt I will go over.

30 dollars for 18 days, only 75 kwh used. I am guessing my bill will be 50 - 80 dollars. in the summer months and 50 - 60 in the winter months.

I may just try level pay a ma bob.

I've never heard of ConEd owing anyone money. If they overestimate usage they usually come up with some king of monthly minimum or some other fee to make up the difference.

Last billing period my Gas & Electric only ran about $85 which was unusually low for this time of year. Weather was cool so I didn't need the air conditioner and I did very little cooking. Last summer my bill hit $200 in July and August so unless you plan on being away this summer expect to pay considerably more than $50 - $80

HardwareGeek
Brooklyn, NY

HardwareGeek

spoke to my sister she said last year they gave her a credit of 114 dollars towards her light bill and lowered her monthly payment by a 8 dollars.

How big is your apt stacy?

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

Stacy

Premium Member

It's a tiny two bedroom and I try to turn off most of the lights off during the day. There's an "apartment size" refrigerator that may have a self defrosting freezer. We have an air conditioner which is what really knocks up the bill. Beyond that, we use compact fluorescent bulbs, the computer and tv are energy star compliant. I have a wireless network and the cable box and Roku is always on. I also have several iDevices and camera batteries I charge from time to time. My bill seems to run about the same as my next door neighbor's so I presume it's accurate.

HardwareGeek
Brooklyn, NY

HardwareGeek

I have a 1 bed room, but I never turn the lights on the natural light is amazing, and at night I am either sleep or watching TV with the lights off. Even the bathroom gets amazing natural light. but i do shower with the light on lol.

my fridge is energy efficient but it's a small fridge not big. and i dont keep my laptops plugged in. The only thing constantly plugged in are the fios boxes and the router.

My sister has a 3 bed room and she doesn't pay more than 180 and she has central air. Before she was ont he level pay her highest bill was 220 during the summer.