Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn to JohnShade

MVM

to JohnShade

Re: [IPv6] Native IPv6?

said by JohnShade:

198.162.x.x IP see Wikipedia "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network"

"These addresses are characterized as private because they are not globally delegated, meaning they are not allocated to any specific organization, and IP packets addressed by them cannot be transmitted onto the public Internet."

JohnShade,

First of all, it is 192.168.x.x, not 198.162.x.x, and second, no kidding...

You apparently do not understand the issue. 192.168.100.1 has been the standard address for the Arris (and probably other) modems information pages from the user side, but it currently does not work on certain models under certain circumstances. It has nothing (well not in terms of this problem) to do with private vs. public network addresses. From what I've read, the problem is related to IPV6 being available as an admin address on the provider (rather than the user) side ion DOCSIS 2 modems. I am hoping to get more information from someone who knows.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

I just wanted to report that I have the same issue not being able to go to 192.168.100.1 to check the stats on my Arris eMTA modem. My model # is TM402P/110.

I did start a separate thread on this if anyone is interested in posting more info there.

»[Connectivity] Arris TM402P/110 Status Page not working

Maybe a good idea to keep all the discussion about this problem in one place.

--Brian