AsherN
Premium Member
join:2010-08-23
Thornhill, ON

AsherN to milnoc

Premium Member

to milnoc

Re: A cute little convo with a bell rep

My wife uses it. I've used it. They run on the Rogers network. Quality is great and it's cheap. A lot of locked Rogers and Fido handsets will work with the SIM.

milnoc
join:2001-03-05
Ottawa

3 edits

milnoc

Would you know if it supports all short SMS numbers? The service I have now i.e. Chatr only supports a handful of short SMS numbers. They don't support CBC Radio 1 Montreal's short SMS number (22222).

I'll also find out if their claim of supporting unlimited mobile Web browsing on SIM cards used on "unapproved" phones is true or not.

Transferring the number is a bit screwy, but I can do that later, assuming I want to keep the old number. I actually like the new number. It's a bit geeky.

EDIT: The Internet works on the Nokia N900 once you set it up properly. Go into settings->Internet connections, and set up the Rogers Internet connection with the parameters specified in the Petro-Canada mobile FAQ. However, you can't use the connection for anything else (no VPN, no Skype), and it shrinks down all of the images.

But my biggest annoyance is that I STILL can't text to the CBC's short SMS number 22222! Crap!

Next test: an old Nokia 6500 Slide, and Opera Mini.