Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to Lex Luthor

Premium Member

to Lex Luthor

Re: [IMG] IMG 1.9.1

6/26 - it was mentioned awhile back for you Lex!

danclan
join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA

danclan

Did anyone else in Richmond VA have all their STB's reloaded last night?

PhoenixOne
join:2009-12-16
Old Bethpage, NY

PhoenixOne

I'm in Old Bethpage VH05 and mine reloaded last night but I don't see anything different.

lakerfan82
join:2009-01-30
Corona, CA

lakerfan82

We already have 1.9.1 in VHO3, but I woke up this morning to my software reloading in VHO3. Release 1.9.1 Build 14.47 version number 34.47. Is this newer yet or what is up with the reload?

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to PhoenixOne

Premium Member

to PhoenixOne
It was just the normal Friday Global Reset, nothing to see here

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Correct - Global Warm Reset.
sbernstein5
join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

sbernstein5 to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

It was just the normal Friday Global Reset, nothing to see here

Anyone know why they do this? Seems like it's bound to mess up some percentage of folks' DVR recordings. What time does it occur (so I keep it in mind when scheduling my DVR)?

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

It's usually on Fridays, but not every Friday. Today it was at 4:30AM where I am in VHO5, but I guess it may vary give or take a couple of hours. A lot of times DVR's need to be reset to solve some issues, we all do it ourselves once in awhile when things go wrong, but others don't know about resetting their equipment and that's why Verizon does it, to clear up any lingering problems people are having. I'm sure in the process they are also causing some problems though like when someone is recording or watching something.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

The global rest must have skipped parts of VH07 because the two STBs used for PVR were on this am and all the recordings were there.

I did notice on another box when I turned it on there was the Software Update In Progress Please wait message.
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo to matcarl

to matcarl
When I had Dish their DVRs rebooted every day, you could set the time so no conflicts would arise. I guess it keeps down the service calls in some way.