Search similar:

uniqs

Three88bu
Premium Member
join:2004-08-14
Huntley, IL

Three88bu

Premium Member

All I wanted was to freshen up the shower a bit jeez...

Click for full size
Im getting ready to sell my house and figured id spend a couple bucks to make the crappy shower surround look its best. Slap some new trim pieces on and new handle, etc.

I head on down to a big box store and i see you cannot simply buy a METAL trim plate by itself. Nope, instead you can buy a fits all, ie NONE plastic trim kit made by Danco.

Let me just say that Danco should seriously die in a fire. They make nothing but junk. A trip to the other two stores and they sell the same crap.

Where can I get a metal trim plate similar to what I have now? (Looks like its Moen stuff to me) I am going to look for plumbing supply houses in my area and then try the internet I guess as a last resort.

Anyone know of a good plumbing supply in the Chicago burbs? Tired of the junk that the big boxes carry.

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

2 recommendations

cdru

MVM

said by Three88bu:

Where can I get a metal trim plate similar to what I have now? (Looks like its Moen stuff to me) I am going to look for plumbing supply houses in my area and then try the internet I guess as a last resort.

Anyone know of a good plumbing supply in the Chicago burbs? Tired of the junk that the big boxes carry.

First result looks promising

Three88bu
Premium Member
Huntley, IL

Three88bu

Premium Member

Thanks...I guess, but I could've done that.

I guess I should've been a bit more explicit. Yes, im looking for that Moen trim plate and a few other things, but I'm also looking for feedback from people who've found a nice plumbing supply store in the general area that they really like. This is the second run-in i've had with crappy plumbing hardware (Danco again) and I am pretty much done with the big boxes for anything plumbing except for maybe copper pipe. They cant screw that up can they?

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

Yellowpages for decorative plumbing stuff stores. You know, the stores that specialize in only selling vanities, shower heads, faucets, toilets, showers, etc.

Though I think you'll only be able to find full kits and not just a plate.

pike
Premium Member
join:2001-02-01
Washington, DC

1 recommendation

pike to Three88bu

Premium Member

to Three88bu
If it's Moen parts you're looking for, you're in luck. They have an excellent track record of supporting old fixtures and maintaining parts availability. If you can't find the parts you're looking for on their website, give them a call and they will find it for you.

»www.moen.com/bathroom/pa ··· /_/N-67y

sempergoofy
Premium Member
join:2001-07-06
Smyrna, GA

1 recommendation

sempergoofy to Three88bu

Premium Member

to Three88bu
You can add the keywords "escutcheon plate" to your google searches to increase your hit probability.

Fronkman
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Premium Member
join:2003-06-23
Saint Louis, MO

Fronkman to Three88bu

Premium Member

to Three88bu
Sorry to say this, but the escutcheon plate on a shower is about the least important aesthetic aspects of a shower. If you have terrible caulk, mildew, rust, cracked tiles or stained grout you won't overcome it with this. Should have saved your money...

Three88bu
Premium Member
Huntley, IL

Three88bu

Premium Member

So you DONT know of a good plumbing supply place in the Chicago 'burbs? Got it, thanks!

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

1 recommendation

robbin to Three88bu

Mod

to Three88bu
said by Three88bu:

Im getting ready to sell my house and figured id spend a couple bucks to make the crappy shower surround look its best.

Just get a spray bottle of CLR. You will be surprised how well yours will clean up. Depending on your shower you may also need to get a spray bottle of TileX Soap Scum Remover and clean the entire shower. Even if it doesn't appear that there is a build up, there often is. Make sure to take off the plastic handle and clean inside it.

Three88bu
Premium Member
Huntley, IL

Three88bu

Premium Member

said by robbin:

said by Three88bu:

Im getting ready to sell my house and figured id spend a couple bucks to make the crappy shower surround look its best.

Just get a spray bottle of CLR. You will be surprised how well yours will clean up. Depending on your shower you may also need to get a spray bottle of TileX Soap Scum Remover and clean the entire shower. Even if it doesn't appear that there is a build up, there often is. Make sure to take off the plastic handle and clean inside it.

Y'know....this is sounding like the best solution honestly. I think ill try some mothers polish(I have it on hand, CLR I dont) and go from there.

Thanks.