All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
bjrrtx
join:2009-08-19
Dallas, TX

bjrrtx to hubrisnxs

to hubrisnxs

Re: [VOD] new to FIOS- is on demand unreliable?

said by hubrisnxs:

Try it on another set top box, and if it does the same thing, then you know it's not the set top box.

ALSO sometimes tech's forget, but customers sometimes have amplifiers and attenuators in the house on the coax lines, and those don't typically play well with fios

I have only one DVR box, my other 2 are just plain boxes so I don't think they have the VOD capability.

ALL of the wiring in my house is new except for the one piece from the ONT to the router, about 15' long max. There are no splitters anywhere except for the 8-way that the installer put in. There are no amps or any other devices.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL

Premium Member

With the exception of the DCT-700 (the digital adapter) all boxes can get VOD. Even your non-DVR STBs. Have you tried rebooting your router? My VOD is very reliable as well.
CrobertGauth
join:2007-12-15
Glen Burnie, MD

CrobertGauth to bjrrtx

to bjrrtx
One source of the problem could be that you have an 8 way splitter and only 4 devices (DVR, 2 STbs and Router I would assume).
Are the extra legs terminated?
Even so, I would try to swap it out for a 4 way splitter (can pick one up at most electronics or home stores). Just make sure it is rated for at least 1 GHz.
bjrrtx
join:2009-08-19
Dallas, TX

bjrrtx

said by CrobertGauth:

One source of the problem could be that you have an 8 way splitter and only 4 devices (DVR, 2 STbs and Router I would assume). Are the extra legs terminated?

3 of the 4 lugs on the splitter are terminated. The 8th output goes to a distant bedroom that does not have anything connected so that one is not terminated- 1 out of 8 total.