how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

here you go

@charter.com

1 edit
reply to aefstoggaflm

Re: [HSI] Charter will No longer support Customer Owned modems?!

Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 9:18 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FW: Charter New Packaging & Pricing War Room Support

Over the last two weeks the Company has decided to change its strategy with respect to selling an in-home wifi service. We will continue to support the wifi customers we have that utilize the integrated modem/routers. Going forward we won't sell this service to new customers or upgrade existing customers (post new pricing and packaging).

If an existing wifi customer decides to upgrade their services to the new pricing and packaging and it requires a truck roll (adding phone) we will take out the integrated modem/router and install a D3eMTA to provide the voice and data service. In addition, if the customer wants a wifi router, the sales agent will offer to install a company owned/provided wifi router for a $20 one time charge (no recurring monthly charge) and the router will become the property of the customer. The Company is trying to obtain inventory of these standalone wifi routers and it will probably be 4 weeks before the exist in installer trucks.

This strategy of offering to install a standalone wifi router will only be used in the case where an existing customer already has our wifi service with the monthly charge.

The integrated modem/routers recovered in the example will go back into inventory and will only be used to replace failed integrated modem/routers on service calls but they won't be used on any type of new install of this wifi service.

The Company's new strategy on in-home wifi will be developed over the next several weeks.

Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 8:40 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: FW: Charter New Packaging & Pricing War Room Support

Please gather up any questions regarding AIP that you may have. Also below is some questions regarding the new wireless router that SC KMA generated and had questions on

Below are some of the questions that were raised from our teams regarding AIP training….

• Will the reps be provided with talking points as how to explain why Charter has decided not to offer/support wifi any longer?
• Will reps be provided spec sheets as to instruct customers what type of router the customer should purchase for their devices?
• Will reps be required or encouraged to inform current customers, during their interactions, about the migration away from wifi support, even when changes are not being made to the account?
• If current wifi customers move/transfer their services and do not make changes to their packaging ( i.e. 24 month packages) will they be allowed to keep their wifi services?
• When techs have trouble calls on current wifi customers, will we continue to support their router and/or exchange it, or will Charter remove that service and inform them to purchase their own router during the call?
• With the offer of allowing our customers to have as many additional outlets as they want without install fees, how will the issue of house amps be addressed? Will reps need to advise customers of the possibility of additional charges if house amps are needed or will that be the responsibility of the technician or contractor?
• With the elimination of allowing customers to use customer owned modems, how will we address exchanging a recently purchased DOC 3.0 modem for the same exact modem as a rental? Will we refund the purchase price to customers who have recently purchased their devices from Charter?
• For Eastern Shores that only offer 5 meg internet services, will they continue to be allowed to offer and support the 5 meg service?

fnord76
Elder God
Premium
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL
kudos:2

Um.... That just says Charter isn't installing any more wifi services. That hs been explained that because of the unavailability of said devices. Once Charter procures more wireless devices it will be back.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by fnord76:

Um.... That just says Charter isn't installing any more wifi services. That hs been explained that because of the unavailability of said devices. Once Charter procures more wireless devices it will be back.

But the post above you says

With the elimination of allowing customers to use customer owned modems, how will we address exchanging a recently purchased DOC 3.0 modem for the same exact modem as a rental? Will we refund the purchase price to customers who have recently purchased their devices from Charter?

What's that about?

Chuck_IV

join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

1 edit

Been with them a long time, but when they start playing games like this, it's time to move on. It's this type of thing a long ways back when , that sent me over to Directv on the TV side.

One of the worst experiences I had with them was when I had one of their modems. Went thru 2 of them and the 3rd wound't work at anywhere near the the speed I was supposed to be getting. I went out bought a, at the time SB6120 and things were GREAT. No troubles at all till I needed Docsis 3. I then got a Docsis 3 Motorola and have been a happy camper for a couple years.

I have ZERO desire to use one of their modems and it will become an issue for me, if that time comes where I am forced to. This is gonna make things simpler on their side because it will cost them customers. The fewer customers, the simpler it gets in their minds I guess.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by Chuck_IV:

Been with them a long time, but when they start playing games like this, it's time to move on. It's this type of thing a long ways back when , that sent me over to Directv on the TV side.

This is gonna make things simpler on their side because it will cost them customers. The fewer customers, the simpler it gets in their minds I guess.

You don't know if any games are being played yet. They could be very well saving customers $7 a month and you act like it's a BAD thing. How dare they save people money!

Chuck_IV

join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

I did edit my post to clarify why i despise their modems. As for the price savings, as mentioned above, they are not a charity. If the cost isn't seen here, it will be seen somewhere else(especially in the financial state they are in).