share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Some Asshat is letting off HEAVY fireworks very late at nigh

One of my neighbors is setting off some pretty heavy duty fireworks, he's been doing it as late as 11:30 PM.

I live in a tough area with lots of crime and thugs, and if I complain to the police, the police will come to MY door, everyone will see them at MY DOOR, and if they ARE the thugs I think they are, my ass will be grass.

I worry about these jerks setting houses on fire. I am the son of a volunteer firefighter and I've seen fires from fireworks.

Also, sometimes I hear what actually might be gun shots. I can't report them for the same reason.

I am old, 53, out of shape, a little overweight, and not very tall, I am incapable of standing up to a few asshats that decide discharging firearms and fireworks is a normal thing to do when kids are supposed to be sleeping, and the rest of us who work in the AM too.

I wish there was a way to complain anonymously. I'd love to see this asshat roll away in a patrol car, it would serve him right.

If I wasn't a puny, old, defensly man, I'd march right over there and tell him off. The fireworks are illegal in CT, and the way the idiot is discharging them they can land on rooftops and cause a fire, maybe even to the building I live in.

what would be cool would be find out when he gets drunk next and wake him up to a drunken migraine hangover with some sonic booms of my own. And ask the real treasure of a man that he is, if he likes it...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
Go to the station and make a report in person. They'll be happy to take your information.
--
If you can't open it, you don't own it.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
I may do that, we need an unmarked care wating for the turkey to go off the edge.

Surely disturbing the peace (what little we have, since we're near a hospital, forehouse, and several majo intesections including freeways that exchange.

Gbcue
Premium
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA
kudos:8
reply to signmeuptoo
Just call the police and tell them you don't want contact or callback or anything.

ctgreybeard
Old dogs can learn new tricks
Premium
join:2001-11-13
Bethel, CT
Reviews:
·Comcast
I've done that, ask that they not visit my house and they did not come here. My neighbors, long gone now, just got a surprise visit from the cops and the police never came to my place at all.

I'd explain to them that you are afraid of retaliation and don't want it known that you made the complaint. If they are smart they will hang back until they can witness the big stuff for themselves and they won't need you at all.

Good luck!
--
Old dogs can learn new tricks!

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
kudos:2
reply to signmeuptoo
Next time call the non-emergency line, block your caller ID, and state that you would like to anonymously report whatever.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to signmeuptoo
What bothers me the most is when ever these things go off, I can't tell if it is fireworks or gunfire, my hearing isn't that good. So it produces extra anxiety because you don't know if someone is being shot or some idiot is firing a gun into the air only to come down on your head...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to signmeuptoo
said by signmeuptoo:

I live in a tough area with lots of crime and thugs, and if I complain to the police, the police will come to MY door, everyone will see them at MY DOOR, and if they ARE the thugs I think they are, my ass will be grass.

This is how I think. What is more of a concern for you, your house being on fire or the thugs retaliating against you? I would think your house is more of a concern. I say go ahead and make the report and if the thugs finds out, who fucking cares? If it were me, I rather take the risk of being shot at, than to have my whole entire house burn down to the fucking ground, but that just me. When being shot at, you have a better chance of being lucky, but if those fireworks cause your house to be on fire, you lose the whole house and everything inside it. You just have to choose the lesser evils of both of them.

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium
join:2009-09-11
reply to signmeuptoo
Your last hope is to move!
You don't have to move far just far enough away from these jerks as you can!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
Guys, I am a renter just so you know. Cheap rent, because I live on a small budget.

I'll find a way to report this guy without getting entangled.
Expand your moderator at work

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to signmeuptoo

Re: Some Asshat is letting off HEAVY fireworks very late at nigh

Guys, my dad was the captain of a fire department and I've seen structural fires from irresponsible behavior like this. And it is like spitting in the face of your neighbors who are trying to sleep because they have to work in the morning.

disconnected

@snet.net
reply to signmeuptoo
You could always try phone SWATting.

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to signmeuptoo
said by signmeuptoo:

Guys, my dad was the captain of a fire department and I've seen structural fires from irresponsible behavior like this. And it is like spitting in the face of your neighbors who are trying to sleep because they have to work in the morning.

Exactly why I would snitch on them, despite how they would react. It is better to have them react than to have your house burn down. Pick the lesser evil of the 2.

Madtown
Premium
Madera, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to disconnected
said by disconnected :

You could always try phone SWATting.

If it what I think it is, that would be illegal, that would be the equivalent of making a bomb threat if not worse. I would be surprised if DHS seriously frown on phone swatting.

disconnected

@snet.net
Yes, it's a dirty trick, which is why the came after my post. It was an attempt at sarcasm. But really, there are worse problems than firecrackers a few nights out of the year. For a renter, at least it's not your property at stake. You're free to move on after the place burns down.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to signmeuptoo
said by signmeuptoo:

Guys, I am a renter just so you know. Cheap rent, because I live on a small budget.

I'll find a way to report this guy without getting entangled.

Ahhh, I guess I am just too cantankerous, and would need to have a confrontation anyway...dumb though it may be...however...

You do not have to have the police come to your door in order to lodge a complaint.
--
Deeds, not words

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
Click for full size
I walked down the hill and the street was filled with shiny refuse, then I looked at the neighbor's garbage. A massive, gigantic pile of fireworks waste. I took a photo of it.

Last night until about 1 AM it was a constant explosion.

I didn't know what the non emergency phone numbers was, so I didn't call.

This guy must have spent hundreds of dollars on fireworks.
--

cowboyro
Premium
join:2000-10-11
Shelton, CT

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo
I'm jealous...
I should make a trip to PA and get myself some of the good stuff... those sold in CT are lame...

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
Just don't let them off over other people's homes and at 1 AM.

Though I should mention: New Years in the Philippines is really crazy, the fireworks going off is indescribable, thousands of people letting them off all at once. And it goes on all night there. The smell is horrible.
--

disconnected

@snet.net
The smell in Manila is horrible even when they're not lighting off fireworks.. raw sewage and burning garbage is a daily smell..

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
Yeah, the smell is awful, but until you've been through a New Year's eve in Manila or Cebu or Davao, you haven't experienced a sound assault.

Indeed, public space isn't treated with the same regard there that we have here, lots of garbage, though I will say that this town is filthy. That's one thing about it down in Clarksville, it was clean, no litter, but here it is filthy. Why must lowlifes insist on littering? The idiot who let off all those fireworks left a filthy mess.
--

disconnected

@snet.net
Having lived in Signal Village, Taguig, Metro Manila, I have a pretty good sampling. We had some crazy neighbors in our immediate vicinity. But for sound assault, I still hold the record, as the producer of The Ultimate Fireworks Blu-ray a couple of years ago. Standing just a few tens of feet from 8" mortar launchers, filming and recording an event for Zambelli Fireworks, and then playing it back at the Bass Pig's Lair for an audience that included several prominent names in the audio field, we all ended up with tinnitus after the performance.

New Haven and Bridgeport are the anus and the hemhorroid of Connecticut; I disdain any travel to those areas. The thing is, if you live in a low crime area, the taxes will put you out of a home in no time, unless you're a CEO.