spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cesto
@optonline.net

cesto

Anon

[OOL] 1 mbps download speed?

i noticed my computer was running slow. after running a speed test my results were 1mbps.

andyone know if there is an issue from the power outage last night or something else?
broadband412
join:2003-06-17
Brooklyn, NY

broadband412

Same here dude. I'm in Brooklyn. Was watching videos on youtube and kept on getting constant buffering on 720p videos. I know OOL is more than capable of playing 720p content so I did a speed test and my download speed is slower than my upload speed. Download speed came in at 1.55Mbps and upload speed came in at 1.78Mbps so it not just you. There were some storms that rolled through my area maybe knocked out power elsewhere and its affecting my area.

cesto
@optonline.net

cesto

Anon

thanks for the feedback..let's hope this gets fixed quick.

JDolan
@optonline.net

JDolan to cesto

Anon

to cesto
You realize there are many systems and thousands of nodes across CV footprint. Asking a question like this without an info is next to useless.
If your speeds are still slow I suggest you call it in.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by JDolan :

You realize there are many systems and thousands of nodes across CV footprint. Asking a question like this without an info is next to useless.
If your speeds are still slow I suggest you call it in.

This. Run a speed test (which you did), then try it directly to the modem rather than through a router. If it's still slow, there's a few other things you can try (checking signal levels to modem), or try another PC (assuming you have already disabled all AV software or firewall). If it's slow in those conditions, you should be able to quickly have CV schedule an appointment to rectify the problem.