uniqs
share rss forum feed

bulletsam

join:2008-04-08
Charleston, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

Anyone else seeing this on Ultra50?

This is 4th night in a row I've noticed this upload speed drop, everything else looks good.

Normally it's shows up after midnight till around 5am.

Thanks.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:103

I see this issue was escalated yesterday. We are still working on a resolution for this issue with the Tech Operations Supervisor. As soon as I get a response back I will let you know.

bulletsam

Charleston, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

Thanks for the reply, Chad. btw, it's back to normal now.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11

nice test there!

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it is working.

bulletsam

Charleston, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

4 edits

Any update on this, Chad? service went down @ 12:10AM for "maintenance," came back 3-4 hours later with same reboots, timeouts, and Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response issue.

Tried rebooting modem and router numerous times only to see this...

Cable Modem Reboot due to power reset ;CM-MAC=3c:75:4a:XX:XX:XX;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Thanks.

update: just did it again. Was moving along fine then poof, disconnected from server with T3 timeout.

My wife was just at a service station about 2 blocks from us, manager there was having same issue with Mediacom.

Chad, my speeds are doing fine, it just won't stay connected.

Correction Were doing fine.

update 2: Looks good now and, modem was able to connect to CMTS.

Cable Modem Reboot from GUI/Configuration page ;CM-MAC=3c:75:4a:XX:XX:XX;CMTS-MAC=50:3d:e5:0b:ba:c6;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

1:20pm now, let's see how long it holds.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
reply to bulletsam

I received word techs are working in the area today. They may have been the reason behind the disconnects. I will be keeping an eye on this for you.

bulletsam

Charleston, IL

Ahh ok. Thanks, Chad.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

You are welcome.

bulletsam

Charleston, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

4 edits
reply to bulletsam

we've either got over-utilization on my node again, or, DCC is not working or...?

Update 6/27: Service lasted 12 1/2 hours then, down for "Maintenance" at 1:58am for a few hours.

11:19am another T3 timeout and everything stops. Back on after pause, speeds are good, as is ping and signals.

Just had yet another T3 timeout while trying to post update @ 11:44am.

bulletsam

Charleston, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit
reply to bulletsam

I've got a page and a half of nothing but this today...

Cable Modem Reboot due to T4 timeout ;CM-MAC=3c:75:4a:74:xx:xx;CMTS-MAC=00:00:00:00:00:00;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

plus, Unicasting failures , T3 timeouts, Ranging Request failures over, and over all day long. We've now had 2 nights/mornings of extended downtime for maintenance the problem seems worse than before.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

I asked for an update from the area manager today. As soon as I get a reply back, I will let you know.

bulletsam

Charleston, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

2 edits

Well, been 2 weeks and no response from area manager?

Here is the mess they left me with after maintenance came out today and removed 111Hz channel completely. Ultra50 only bonding 2 down now, upstream power drops to 41 at times knocking me offline every 15-20minutes. Upload speeds 1.09Mbps or less.

Had no problems (other than 1 short maintenance period) since June 28th, now this.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

As I previously stated in the IM, I have re-escalated this issue. As soon as I get a response back, I will let you know

bulletsam

Charleston, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit

Yes, I understand that. I was told the same thing 2 weeks ago and heard nothing, did you?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Found out a couple of hours ago (5:30am) by recorded message, there was maintenance between 12am-6am. I checked Mediacom site for any maintenance in my area before posting, it showed none for my area.

Current results...

bulletsam

Charleston, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

Quick update Chad, and MediacomBill...

Everything seems fine since the SYNC Timing Synchronization failure at 9:06am. I ran a download test with PS3 of a 1350MB file in about 13min. Normally a file that size takes 20-25min. Tested a few game servers in South, West, and Eastern part of US without any drops.

Thanks both.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL

You are welcome.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

bulletsam

Charleston, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

1 edit

Update: Chad, noone was sent out yesterday to correct the 98 cap, per your pm. Still only bonding 2 channels with constant T3-T4 timeouts/reboots, Unicast Maintenance Ranging attempted - No response errors, with no upload speed. Download speeds also unstable.

Started at 12:38am and continues.

Thanks.

Update @ 5:25am: Modem now bonding 3 download channels. Going to reset router and modem now to check for improvement.

bulletsam

Charleston, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom

Powered down both router and modem, disconnected cable for 30 minutes, grounded copper wire in cable to metal surface before re-connecting to modem.

So far everything looks good, no errors as of this post.
Thank you.