share rss forum feed

nitzguy
Premium
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON
reply to avenison

Re: Sudbury ON - FibreOP FTTH - job fair Thursday 6pm

said by avenison:

Thanks for the pic habskilla. Any idea what's in the box? It appears there's only one line (or group of lines) coming down into it from the pole, and one line/group coming out the bottom.

@nitzguy, that's why I wondered. If they're really planning to do the entire area then there are plenty of ways they could "wire" it. They could use the existing COs as a starting point, but they could just as well lay all of it from the Brady St building. Getting back to the list, it did occur to me that it could be divided by CO, but based on the entries for the Valley that may not be the case. Val Caron does have it's own CO (1741 Main W), but afaik Val Therese and Hanmer (which are separate in the dropdown list) are both served from the Hanmer CO at 4522 Dennie. There is however an unsigned building on Jeanne D'arc (»maps.google.ca/maps?q=46.646052,···33760679) which may or may not be relevant.

I think they're going from each CO, and going out from there as that would make sense as there is probably connection points from there and no sense to go from Brady downtown all the way out...but its tough to say not knowing whats going on...again its possible they're doing this now, if they're hiring sales reps that are going door to door, then it must be ready soon...I have ADSL2 now but I'm actually served from the CO believe it or not...I'm special like that...lol....not the Brady St CO, another CO somewhere else. It'll be exciting to see for sure though.