spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

xocsucram

join:2008-10-02

annoying aspect ratio glitch when a DVR'd program is ending

any time i watch a program that i change the aspect of, usually Top Gear on BBC America since its in SD letterbox, when it reaches close to the end of the recording it starts cylcing the aspect ratio constantly and wont stop until i open up certain menus, cause it will still do it as im changing channels on live programs.

it was doing this prior to the latest update last week, surprised none of their testers have found this yet by now

AVITWeb

join:2002-01-11
Trenton, NJ
Not just dvred programs and not just at the end. My kids watch Disney Jr and during any program it is behaving badly. Cycles through all aspects.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA
reply to xocsucram
xocsucram, the jumping aspect ratio near the end of SD recordings has been reported ... it has happened to me often watching BBCA. I'll check for it again and pass it on. Thanks for the report.

johnf2
--
VHO8

xocsucram

join:2008-10-02
this is still happening, and theres been DVR updates since, its really annoying.

again, i notice it almost every day since i use it when watching ESPN First Take and NESN dennis and callahan to crop out all the b.s. on the screen

johnf2
VHO8
Premium
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
xocsucram, I still see the SD aspect ratio jumping near the end of SD programs continuing to occur. It's been reported multiple times, and video captures of the problem were forwarded, but evidently it is still there. It was first reported in the early days of 1.9. Who knows what is going on and when it will ever be fixed.

johnf2
--
VHO8