»www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSKMhrV12hE

Am I throttled or do they just suck?

thanks

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2

I am not sure but you seem to be using different test servers at different locations when you are running the two phones simultaneously. Different paths give different results. Also Speedtest.net is notorious for giving bad download speed data. Try using ispgeeks »www.ispgeeks.com/wild/ or testmy »testmy.net/. They give me consistently more accurate results. Speedtest once told me my AT&T 6.0 DSL was giving 90 Mbps download.

slowersbro

@comcast.net

I told you that you ARE being throttled bro, for using 2GB.

You need to dump Verizon all ready join me on AT&T.

david: I have tested myself over and over with no speed test over 700kbs. I have seen him get 200kbs on there "4g" LTE before. I used 4 speed tester's + the Verizon speed tester and they all say the same thing. I told him to wait for AT&T's 4g LTE, but he wanted Verizon cool's vile and now he is living in it. I tried to help, but this network of Verizon blows. I know a lot about this kind of thing, because I work for AT&T.

All the speed tester's I used alot:

1) »www.speedtest.net/

2)»www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

3) »reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ (for downloads)

4) »www.att.com/speedtest/

mc1lean

join:2007-11-18
Lincolnton, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T Wireless Br..
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to slower

I've been pretty happy at 11 up/down but the last couple of days they suck!

Anarcho
Premium
join:2012-06-25
reply to slower

isnt there a clause (when they bought the spectrum)that prohibits verizon from throtling 4g connections

i want fios

join:2012-06-07
Charlotte, TN
reply to slower

yep they cannot throttle you look it up under fcc verizon rules stipulations sounds like the tower your on is going in and out i personally just went through this number 1 if you have another 4g verizon phone speedtest it that will eliminate the thought of bieng throttled by law through the fcc verizon cannot throttle you second thing go to your nearest tower if you dont know where it is look on antenna search and you can find it third if it is the tower dont even bother with tech 2 because those c##k s#ckers dont no anything ask for network department took me 4 weeks of calling but i got mine fixed i had 1mb down 50kbs up 550 to 775 ms with 5 bars of 4g be persistent you will get it fixed good luck and i dont think your being throttled

mc1lean

Lincolnton, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T Wireless Br..
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to slower

I owe VZW an apology. Whacked half a tree from in front of my house that was in the line of sight to the tower 7 - 10 miles away:

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1

So you was getting 11mbps, then you wasn't, then you wacked a tree, then you got nearly 14mbps? crazy

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to slower

This is what I get on my Jetpack 890L using my MacBook Pro.

This is in Biddeford, Maine which was just went online with 4G LTE in the last couple of weeks.

mc1lean

Lincolnton, NC
Reviews:
·AT&T Wireless Br..
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to decifal

said by decifal:

So you was getting 11mbps, then you wasn't, then you wacked a tree, then you got nearly 14mbps? crazy

Yeah, its a really thick Mulberry that's only about 15 feet in front of my house and the yagi antenna on top. Note I only whacked about half of it (before some other joker flames me like the one on the Verizon 4G-LTE community forum). So during the winter/early spring I wouldn't see a problem. I mainly post this because I've read that LTE is much less sensitive to trees than EVDO but at point of reception at least, that doesn't appear to be the case.

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1

Very interesting... I thought that the frequency that lte was on was supposed to be more tree resistant as well.. Hmm, Thanks for mentioning this