uniqs

man345
@as13285.net

man345 to Oregonian

Anon

to Oregonian

Re: Windows Update Agent Version 7.6.7600.256

How do I uninstall Windows Update Agent Version 7.6.7600.256

I did not request for it. It extents the boot up time by showing a black screen with some digits on it.

It then configures 3 updates everytime I boot up my computer.

This never happened before the Windows Update Agent Version was installed on my Computer by Microsoft.

Neither does it appear among the updates I can uninstall. I am using the Vista Home Premium.

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

said by man345 :

I did not request for it. It extents the boot up time by showing a black screen with some digits on it.

This never happened before the Windows Update Agent Version was installed on my Computer by Microsoft.

Neither does it appear among the updates I can uninstall. I am using the Vista Home Premium.

I'm afraid you are out of luck -- to my knowledge it cannot be uninstalled.

My only thought would be if System Restore would take you back to before it was installed, but given the automatic install nature of this beast, you will eventually get it again anyway.

deke40
deke40
Premium Member
join:2003-01-23
Texas

deke40 to man345

Premium Member

to man345
said by man345 :

I booted up this morning and got the same thing you did.

I did a second bootup and the startup is somewhat delayed but didn't get the 3 updates configuring again.

man345
@as13285.net

man345

Anon

I couldn't uninstall it I, however, was able to solve the problem using microsoft autofix. Thanks everyone

Oregonian
Premium Member
join:2000-12-21
West Linn, OR

Oregonian

Premium Member

Glad you got it fixed.