19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

1 edit

1 recommendation

19579823 (banned) to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy

quote:
So tell me, why do people continue to 'update' Firefox?
I dunno bud.... To me the FF 1.5 series is the best! (1.5.0.5 to be exact) looks and runs the best!

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

4 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by 19579823:

quote:
So tell me, why do people continue to 'update' Firefox?
I dunno bud.... To me the FF 1.5 series is the best! (1.5.0.5 to be exact) looks and runs the best!

I too have several gripes about functionalities which FF developers arbitrarily removed/changed/renamed, as newer editions came down the pipe.

Here's just ONE :

In 1.5 (or was it 2.0 ?), they had an Arrow icon which was to the right of the address line, and you would click on it to [Enter] your typed completed URL.

I relocated it to the right of the button bar so that I could use it as the final step in a copy>new-tab>paste>enter mouse manoeuvre sequence (of a URL from a current tab), IIRC - a function which was the default action in IE for a new window in versions 5 & 6.

FF later tied this button TO the address line so that I could not independently relocate it to use as above.

I was P.O.'d for some time, but later settled on series 3.6 until recently, when the current thread caught my eye - with its OT digression about loading all of the tabs at once or not.

You don't need a large corporation like M$ in order to 'achieve' anarchy in app development.