Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

Grail Knight to Snowy

Premium Member

to Snowy

Re: Firefox 'New Tab' Feature Exposes Users' Secured Info

quote:
The developers thought it was a good feature.
Well it is a good feature IMO abet not planned out with an eye on security yet as it is easily disabled the issue is fixing it and letting users now about the potential security issue.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

quote:
Well it is a good feature IMO abet not planned out with an eye on security yet as it is easily disabled the issue is fixing it and letting users now about the potential security issue.
Sadly Grail most ppl DO NOT CARE ABOUT THIER PRIVACY ANYMORE which is why they do things like this! (Thinking no one will say anything)

Chuck Mason
@switchvpn.com

Chuck Mason

Anon

I lost confidence in FF quite some time ago. For one, having to mess around in about:config to turn up privacy is unacceptable. for another, having pbm to be a bit of a pita instead of a simple toggle is a bit curious.

I become worried when they started their unholy alliance with Google. Anything google always raises red flags for me. I mean I can see if they worked out something with a privacy oriented site, like Duck or Ixquick, but google? Lately, having some of the best privacy addons being delisted off their addons repository is also a bit worrisome.

Then we add this HTTPS session capture rubbish, which they should have seen immediately - and don't hotfix ASAP simply adds icing to the cake. I don't trust them, and neither should you.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

Grail Knight to 19579823

Premium Member

to 19579823
Well we are talking about developers here not most people.
The Fx devs have stated they will fix the issue. I do not believe the Fx devs did this because they want to weaken Fx security.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube to Chuck Mason

to Chuck Mason
quote:
mess around in about:config
Many features in FF are purposely UI barren, you know, to "dumb down" the browser for the masses.
quote:
when they started their unholy alliance with Google
That was a long time ago.
quote:
Duck or Ixquick
And you trust them?

Going forward, FF Google searches will be done over HTTPS.
You want Duck to Ix, you are free to change to them.
You don't want Google, you are free to change from them.
quote:
some of the best privacy addons being delisted off their addons
Such as? And why were they removed?

And why would you even place trust in the addons at all?

Further browser extensions are open doors to infect users.
quote:
HTTPS session capture
It is not an HTTPS session capture feature.
It is a feature that they implemented that happened to capture HTTPS screenshots.