Premium Member
join:2005-04-09
Bryceville, FL

hemigod to Chris123NT

Premium Member

to Chris123NT

Re: [FiOS Phone] Converting from Freedom Essentials to Digital V

said by Chris123NT:

I'm not sure how accurate that is, when I upgraded to 75/35 I was told I had to upgrade to digital voice as well or they couldn't give me the higher speed.

Same here. Since I was already on FIOS, the copper line was long since disconnected anyway and now that I have DV, what's not to like about it (well, besides the snafu I had with my distinctive ring line)?

danclan
join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA

danclan

As has been reported before in this and other threads its simply not true anymore. Very few places don't support DV. The reason you cannot is because of 1 of two reasons:

1. Your ONT is old and doesn't support it.
2. You really are unlucky in that your CO hasn't been updated yet

Call verizon explain that your ONT is older than they, use the neighbors addresses who recently got FiOS or don't yet have it and see if they can get it. Once you have those addresses in hand tell the CSR that yes your area can in fact get DV and to file the ticket to correct your address.

If all else fails tell them you want 150/65 and they will have to most likely update your ONT which will automatically release your address now for DV and then you have call yet again and get the CSR to bundle you.

This is what I am in the middle of having to do...so far all the CSR have been very respectful and helpful and reporting on the updated status of the various tickets i have open in this painful process.