All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Zoomer309
join:2003-05-01
Mason City, IA

Zoomer309

Cant view "Future Recordings" on DVR since upgrades...

The upgrades I refer to are the addition of folders and all that (been a few months). Noticed that they dont have a HD tab anymore (but they do have the VIEW IN HD option if HD is avail) and I dont seem to have a DVR button on the screen anymore either so I cant see what is set to be recorded.....any fixes or am I just to guess what is set up to record?
Zoomer309

Zoomer309

Re: Cant view "Future Recordings" on DVR since upgrade

Just tried unplugging my DVR BOX and plugging it back in....no luck. Seems we are suppoused to guess what is set to record. I know I have a show set to record everytime it comes on, and it works, but I cant FIND the list that has that. Huh....
basenji8
join:2006-11-02
Waconia, MN

basenji8

menu, menu, DVR, future recordings should take you where you want.
Zoomer309
Mason City, IA

Zoomer309

Thats my point! DVR is not there. The only place I see any mention of DVR is in the setup part of the menu, and all that pertains to is if I want folders or not and some other stuff. After the upgrades they made a while back I lost the HD button (the one that takes you right to the HD section of the guide) and the DVR button (so I cant see anything that will record now or in the future)
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth

Premium Member

said by Zoomer309:

DVR is not there.

Call mediacom. I had the same thing hapen (no DVR button in the menu) once a few months ago.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to Zoomer309

Premium Member

to Zoomer309
If you would like to send me an IM with your phone number or account number I can send some signals to the box that should bring the DVR icon back.

OldCableGuy
@planetcr.net

OldCableGuy

Anon

You can't view recording in the future, they haven't happened yet. You have to wait until it airs. Just because you have a DVR doesn't mean you can watch things before they air.

Just answered this question for someone at work yesterday too, what show has got you all so worked up you gotta see it now. House series ended last month, that's the last good show on TV IMO.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by OldCableGuy :

You can't view recording in the future, they haven't happened yet. You have to wait until it airs. Just because you have a DVR doesn't mean you can watch things before they air.

Just answered this question for someone at work yesterday too, what show has got you all so worked up you gotta see it now. House series ended last month, that's the last good show on TV IMO.

did you totally miss this part?
said by Zoomer309:

so I cant see what is set to be recorded

i.e. the OP cant see what is set to be recorded, to either make modifications, view conflicts, or to just see what the DVR will record over the next X days.

when i had a dvr i kept tabs on that, some channels tended to pull a marathon of show "XYZ" which for what ever reason would override "new" episodes, so some modifications needed to be made.

the OP does not mean trying to watch a show from the future.

OldCableGuy
@planetcr.net

OldCableGuy

Anon

Whoops. My bad.
Zoomer309
Mason City, IA

Zoomer309

Still don't have a dvr button. Not sure what the deal is. Ever since the upgrades a few months ago: No DVR button and no HD button.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I sent you a message via IM.