Search similar:

uniqs

DigitalXeron
There is a lack of sanity
join:2003-12-17
Hamilton, ON

1 edit

DigitalXeron

Procedures for PTR Records (Reverse DNS)

All,

I would just like to know what the procedures are to request Reverse DNS (PTR Record) to be set. Our organization has a Business Ultimate 55 package with a static address. I have googled around and have noticed that other business customers in the same /24 have custom reverse DNS — so I know it is possible to request.

Could anyone point me in the correct direction? In wheather it would be billing/sales or tech support or elsewise?

Thanks.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

no idea, i always wondered this too. can u get cogeco to replace the ptr record in their dns with your own? ie? digitalxeron.cgocable.net?
cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently
join:2011-04-19

cog_biz_user to DigitalXeron

to DigitalXeron
From what I remember, if you have the equipment, you have to call in to get them to do it. Problem is, the level 1 phone techs have no idea what you're talking about, so if you keep on them to get a hold of someone higher-up, you'll probably get it done. PM'ing Marcer or someone might get the job done faster with less hassles. (but don't hold me to that, and I'd check with him first)

As for getting the name changed, they don't do that. The only thing they can do is release the PTR assigned to your IP.

Cogeco_Aaron
Premium Member
join:2011-07-11

Cogeco_Aaron to DigitalXeron

Premium Member

to DigitalXeron
In order to get a Reverse DNS record you need to have business internet and a static IP address. If you have those two things, just call into the commercial technical support and they can process it for you.