spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

angry

@12.189.32.x

[Mobile] what kinda idiot did i get a hold of (verizon rep)

ok i just called Verizon to ask how to get into the diagnostics menu of my phone. First she ask me why i want to get into it which is really not her business but i tell that i want to test my signal strength. To which she replies just look at the meter. I then have to explain that's not accurate enough as i need to see my exact DB strength as i want to order a cell phone amp . So then she ask me my cell number and security code which i give her. Now here is where the stupid comes in. She says she cant answer my question unless i give her a code that she just sent me via text message. Ok first of all this is bullshit verizon has no such policy that says they can't talk to you about your cell phone unless they send you a text and you give them a code. On top of that i had already told her i only get a weak signal at best and most of the time no signal. So then she has the nerve to tell me to go outside and walk around. I swear if it were possible i would have reached to the phone and wrung her neck. I call VZ all the time and this woman has the nerve to just start making shit up. Needless to say i'm pissed right now. So i just told her in a calm voice that i was gonna call back and try to get a hold of someone that knew what was going on and hung up.

wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD
kudos:1

What is the point of this post? You need to head over to the rants section.

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:2

said by wirelessdog:

What is the point of this post? You need to head over to the rants section.

I agree, there's nothing very constructive about this topic (or the rest of the topics) that any of us can really help with. It seems like he just wants to complain. He's been offered suggestions, and still just keeps starting new ranting topics.

to Angry: While many of us would like to help you, none of us work at Verizon, so we can't help. You are just in a bad spot for internet, and complaining isn't going to do much. You either have to fork over a lot of $$$ to get a tower built so you can get signal (which I believe you have already said you can't do), be patient while you options improve, or move to another area, or start your own ISP.

Sorry, but simply ranting about it won't get you much in these parts of the forums. If you have real questions that we can actually help with, by all means ask the, but like wirelessdog says, you might just want to find the "rants" section if you need to vent and get it off your chest.

angry

@12.189.32.x

i didn't know there was a rants and raves section. Could a mod please move this post also my rant wasn't about not getting decent internet it was about horrible customer service. Why would she start making things up? Vz has no such policy that they have to send you a code via text message in order to talk to you about your cell phone. So she was just being an Ahole as far as im concerned. Also most of my rants have been about bad CS Anyway i'll try to keep my rants in the proper section if i can find it.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC

said by angry :

i didn't know there was a rants and raves section.

There is also a Verizon Wireless section.
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

thegeek
Premium
join:2008-02-21
right here
reply to angry

What is your phone model? I'm sure you can find how to access the diagnostics menu with a simple query of the Google.

angry

@wildblue.net

I did try Google but all i could find on pantech was a page selling codes to unblock the phone. The exact term i used was" how do i put my pantech pbr 215 into diagnostic mode" Thankfully though jim in va gave me a link.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ
kudos:1

+1 jim in va

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
reply to thegeek

said by thegeek:

I'm sure you can find how to access the diagnostics menu with a simple query of the Google.

I looked quickly and no such luck !