Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to NVA

Re: [DVR] "Software update" 3 days in a row?

Ok can someone just confirm what everyone thinks is "turn on, power on, flick switch". We need new terminology on what is implied when u pull the power plug out as the vast majority (95% according to a neilson poll do not unplug the cord) just hit the remote button which does nothing but disable the screen display.

CeeZee

join:2007-04-11
Wynnewood, PA
reply to NVA

So, no message this morning here in VHO8.

AVITWeb

join:2002-01-11
Trenton, NJ

Only happens here when i use the TV on first method, then hit menu....

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

I turned on the STB and no software update message.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to NVA

Nothing here this morning

Rattler

join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

said by Jackarino:

Nothing here this morning

Smooth sailing here as well...
--
Never raise your hands to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected. -- Red Buttons

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

Happened to me this morning for first time in a couple days.

byramr
Premium
join:2003-08-07
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Rattler

Same here. My 4 STB's appear to be back to normal.

Robert

GinoD39

join:2007-08-27
Succasunna, NJ
reply to NVA

Yep. Mine did the same thing - both DVRs, all three days. Now both of them have become even more glitchy than before. They hang, reboot, change, freeze, - you know it. Some update. I just wish Verizon would hire some geeks that know what they're doing to reprogram the guide. This is awful.

JayMan 007

join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA

Try your own power reset. I had this annoying software update Friday, Saturday, Sunday. We had a big storm Monday and the power went off. I've not had the problem since. YMMV.

CeeZee

Wynnewood, PA
reply to NVA

Happened again this morning. VHO8. Thought it had been fixed, but nope.

Drunkula
Premium
join:2000-06-12
Denton, TX
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to NVA

Getting that, too. Kind of annoying but at least they are doing updates. I hadn't checked to see if the version number changes at all.
--
There are 10 types of people that understand binary numbers. Those that do - and those that do not...

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA

said by Drunkula:

Getting that, too. Kind of annoying but at least they are doing updates. I hadn't checked to see if the version number changes at all.

I think from what I've read in this thread, it's not really an update, it's a bug.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:14

duplicate post

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:14
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to kes601

There is new IMG logic in 1.9.1. If the box loses power, the red curtain screen will display when the STB is initially soft powered-on - it will display 'initial download in progress'. It should not say anything about 'software update in progress'. That screen was fixed Monday morning.

You should not be seeing the red curtain screen after a soft power cycle - just turning the box off and then back on. You will see the red curtain screen if the box loses AC power for any reason, and if you do a STB reset via the IMG, etc.

kes601

Virginia Beach, VA

So if we just leave it on this won't happen?

nascar

join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

From Tuesday on... no it shouldn't.

said by kes601:

So if we just leave it on this won't happen?

CeeZee

Wynnewood, PA
reply to NVA

To the best of my knowledge I didn't lose power last night. None of my devices that normally turn off at the drop of a hat were off this morning (e.g. Microwave, computer, espresso machine, alarm clock, etc.). But who knows, maybe it is now more sensitive than before. At this point, I'll just assume the power did flicker enough to cause an issue.