Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Teasip

join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX
reply to GratefulDude

Re: Verizon upgrading FIOS tiers

GratefulDude, I'm with you that for those of us in our locale we have too many options in obtaining what we need to upgrade unlike those who don't have immediate access to the BB's, Fry's, OD, Micro Center's etc., not to mention online availability. That's why I had been wondering where my speeds would cap out at running an N network at my home (at what point would the wireless bottleneck despite the actual download/upload) and would I be able to benefit from increasing from 15/5 to 50/25 since I have one of the original BPON/6xx ONT's that they deployed here. My CO off Legacy is still BPON best I can tell. My wife and I are still on the second 3g iPhones from years back so we have to allow for B/G wireless if we choose to utilize the network on our phones. As a result, I have my Airport Extreme set to N, but allowing for B/G which slows everything down.

McBane

join:2008-08-22
Plano, TX

said by Teasip:

As a result, I have my Airport Extreme set to N, but allowing for B/G which slows everything down.

Having a mixed b/g/n network doesn't slow anything down. If you have a b/g device and an n device they communicate at whatever their highest speeds are that your AP supports.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by McBane:

said by Teasip:

As a result, I have my Airport Extreme set to N, but allowing for B/G which slows everything down.

Having a mixed b/g/n network doesn't slow anything down. If you have a b/g device and an n device they communicate at whatever their highest speeds are that your AP supports.

Incorrect , view item #3.

»www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless···1n-speed