spc
uniqs
cruisencode
join:2000-09-16
Ocoee, FL

cruisencode

Re: Ubee DDW3611 Bridge Mode??

OK, I found the issue.

Apparently there is an issue with the Linksys E4200 QoS. If I set it to auto I get 1.5 Mb/s. If I set it to manual at 5000 kbps I get 3 - 3.5 Mb/s. If I disable QoS I get 5+ Mb/s.

I have it disabled for now. But I'm concerned that it will cause quality issues with my VOIP.

Jabbu
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06

Jabbu

Premium Member

It shouldn't unless you are doing heavy bandwidth usage and trying to voip, keep it disabled and time will tell.

No new firmwares for the e4200?
cruisencode
Ocoee, FL

cruisencode

I have a v1 of the E4200 and I'm running the latest firmware.

I read somewhere that the v2 doesn't have the issue.
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas to cruisencode

Premium Member

to cruisencode
Once again proving that when users complain about network issues, 97% of the time it's their own network that's at fault, not the ISP Yet, people always want to blame the ISP first.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

I find it entertaining when I am here reading about it. Gives me more stuff to read

But still I know what ya mean. I usually have QOS disabled on my router but my netgear lets me setup mac priority so I do it that way but not giving myself too high of a priority or the others will be too slow.
cruisencode
Ocoee, FL

cruisencode to MyDogHsFleas

to MyDogHsFleas
In all fairness, I never "blamed" the ISP. I was simply here to find a solution and I did.
nephipower
join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

nephipower

said by cruisencode:

In all fairness, I never "blamed" the ISP. I was simply here to find a solution and I did.

Yeah, I agree you never did blame the ISP. I do agree that it happens a lot that people blame the ISP when they need to point the finger at themselves. However, in this situation i think someone got a little too trigger happy.
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas to cruisencode

Premium Member

to cruisencode
Perhaps "blame" was a stronger word than I meant. What I am saying is that when troubleshooting a networking issue, your priority should be to look at your home network first. Because that's probably where the problem is. I see lots of posts saying things like "(something on the ISP side) has a problem" and you have to go through the process of saying "why do you think so, what have you tried, etc." and most of the time you find out they really didn't do what the doctors call a differential diagnosis, they just leaped to a conclusion, which turns out to be wrong, because the problem is really on their side.

The best way to figure out if your ISP is really causing a problem vs. your network is to eliminate your network completely and see if you can reproduce the problem. e.g, plug your computer directly into the cable modem or whatever. Then when you see, hey, that works OK, it gives you a starting point to track down your home network problem.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

Lets keep things on topic here shall we? The conversation some of you are having is starting to become a bit OT.
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas

Premium Member

OK here you go: People if you think your Ubee DDW3611 is screwing you in some way, look at your own network first, because that's probably where the problem is.