uniqs

CharterEric
Premium Member
join:2009-02-06
Saint Peters, MO

CharterEric to cloves69

Premium Member

to cloves69

Re: [HSI] Charter will No longer support Customer Owned modems?!

said by cloves69:

said by CharterEric:

I could address the DVR topic, but I think this link does an excellent job, so Ill just allow you to review the new TV Packages: »charter.com/tvpackages.

Thanks, Eric

This is the best part of it, price cut in my DVRs!

While I think there are many really awesome things about the new pricing and packages, I am super stoked about the DVR pricing. I only have 1 DVR currently and no box on my secondary TV, but I can assure you it will be a DVR very soon.

DadCooks
Premium Member
join:2005-02-28
Kennewick, WA

DadCooks

Premium Member

Thanks CharterEric for taking the time to post as much as you were able to. I really appreciate the efforts of all you Charter Direct folks. You are 200% better than 1-800-Get-Charter and even better than a trip to the local office.

That being said, the information on the DVR program is woefully short on details.

First, I know that Charter deploys several models of DVRs, not just in different areas but within an area (currently at least 3 in my area).

Second, Charter is non-committal on DVR capacity or on how many tuners you get, and will not commit on what DVR you will get. What the tech has in the truck does not cut it.

How is this going to affect those of us with TiVo or those planning on getting a TiVo?

Thanks

CharterEric
Premium Member
Saint Peters, MO

1 edit

CharterEric

Premium Member

said by DadCooks:

Thanks CharterEric for taking the time to post as much as you were able to. I really appreciate the efforts of all you Charter Direct folks. You are 200% better than 1-800-Get-Charter and even better than a trip to the local office.

How is this going to affect those of us with TiVo or those planning on getting a TiVo?

Thanks

Hello Eric,

I think I may have determined a key issue. The number for Charter is 888-GetCharter. I am not sure who you have been calling, but I can understand why they wouldn't be as helpful as my team . All kidding aside, if you ever feel like you are not getting the support you should from any one at Charter, please send us a message in the Direct Forum. The entire Charter team is very focused on the customer experience, and if we are not delivering that, we need to make sure proper coaching and training happens to ensure that we are going forward.

I do understand your concerns about our DVRs. One of our focuses is to provide a uniform experience across all the Digital TVs in a customer's home. We are looking to reduce the variety of DVRs in specific markets and have already started making progress is some of the areas we provide service.

While not listed on »charter.com/TvPackages. There are no changes to Charter CableCARDS. They will remain $2 per card, and we will continue to support the installation in PVRs, such as TiVo.

I hope this helps. If you have any additional specific questions, please hit us up at charterdirect.

Thanks!

DadCooks
Premium Member
join:2005-02-28
Kennewick, WA

DadCooks

Premium Member

@CharterEric -- I like your humor. Yes, I dial 888, not 800; in fact it is on "speed dial". But as I alluded to, when I want a real answer real fast, the first time, the Charter Direct Forum cannot be beat.

The reason I mentioned the DVRs is that I recently inquired at my local office about getting 2 DVRs and they would not guarantee that they would both be the same, or what capacity they would be.

CharterEric
Premium Member
Saint Peters, MO

CharterEric

Premium Member

said by DadCooks:

@CharterEric -- I like your humor.

The reason I mentioned the DVRs is that I recently inquired at my local office about getting 2 DVRs and they would not guarantee that they would both be the same, or what capacity they would be.

Thanks!

Can you please hit us up in the Direct Forum for the second part? I do not want to cloud the thread with specifics, but I definitely want to address that issue.

Thanks!