I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18
reply to r81984

Re: Need to buy auto parts

said by r81984:

I would not say YMMV. My experience was not some extreme or oddball situation.

Well I am the one that "said" it and after over 35 separate and well spaced orders with them, they only messed up 1 order and then sent the right rotors at no extra charge and did not require the other rotors to be returned. That is a 99.9% order completion rate with nothing but accuracy and on-time delivery. It sure makes your single experience sound like a one time fluke which I will point out every time I see it.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?

r81984
Fair and Balanced
Premium
join:2001-11-14
Katy, TX
Reviews:
·row44

1 edit

From this, it sounds like you had the fluke and my experience was typical.
»www.resellerratings.com/store/RockAuto
3.9/10 - 2734 reviews
Lots of stories just like mine where they sent the wrong parts and refused to fix it for free.

Its funny they could still buy an "A+" rating on the BBB even with all the really bad complaints.
»www.bbb.org/wisconsin/Business-R···-reviews
The negative 2/28/2012 comment on the BBB is just sad.
It looks like if they send you the right parts everything is fine, but they are horrible at fixing the problem when they make the mistake and ship you the wrong parts.
Also I would say the reviews indicate they have a high rate of sending the wrong parts.

The risk of them making a mistake and knowing they wont fix it makes it not worth buying from them.
--
...brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2
reply to Doctor Olds

In my view it all depends on the management and staff, but still there is no excuse for what they have done to most of the people by f****** the orders, and refusing to correct it unless a customer takes it to their own hands.

Cho Baka
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

»Re: Need to buy auto parts
--
The talented hawk speaks French.

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL

1 recommendation

Like i have said it's all depends on the personal.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium,VIP
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30
kudos:18

1 recommendation

reply to r81984

said by r81984:

From this, it sounds like you had the fluke and my experience was typical.

The math still shows you are the fluke. I have 35 separate orders that were 100% accurate and perfect with only 1 order that had an issue that was quickly resolved at no addition expense to myself. That's a 99.9 % fill rate with 100% customer satisfaction on my part.
--
What’s the point of owning a supercar if you can’t scare yourself stupid from time to time?