uniqs
share rss forum feed

Oleg
Premium
join:2003-12-08
Birmingham, AL
kudos:2

[Rant] Bo Jangles

I have gotten a Bo Jangles combo meal only to find out that the order was not complete, but i do not think i have the right to complain, because each time i visit Bo Jangles the manager is very nice to me, and always gives me a free drink.

What do you guys think?

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-13
Happy Valley
kudos:10

All you have to do is inform the manager that a mistake was made so he can keep an eye out for reoccurring mistakes with other customers. You explain that you do not want any reimbursement or free food. You just thought he should know for the benefit of the store and the customers.

raster44

join:2003-09-07
Niagara Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to Oleg

I remember when I used to commute to work and I'd stop at a fast food outlet for breakfast. Many times the order taker would forget to include napkin, utensils, cream, breakfast roll, sometimes even the main order...eggs & bacon. ???? I talked to the manager and even this didn't seem to rectify the situation as I advise them when I placed the order. After the eggs & Bacon episode; I eventually went inside, confronted the manager with my order and received a half dozen dinner coupons with his signature on them. Never did see those order takers at the checkout again as I suspect they were shift changed or fired.

After using the coupons, switched my route and stopped at the local greasy spoon. Took an extra 10 minutes but the meal was better and never had a problem. Except the cost was a couple of $ more with the tip.

Jahntassa
What, I can have feathers
Premium
join:2006-04-14
Conway, SC
kudos:4
reply to Oleg

Go back in and kindly say an item was missing and they'll generally give it to you. Stuff happens.

M A R S
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Long Island
kudos:1
reply to Oleg

Bo Jangles? The nearest one to me is about 285 miles south or 175 miles west.. Am i missing out?

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
reply to Oleg

Just be nice and tell the manager what happened.
I am willing to bet they will make it right with you.
Returning customers are what keeps businesses open.
--
"Paranoia, the destroyer"

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Oleg

said by Oleg:

I have gotten a Bo Jangles combo meal only to find out that the order was not complete, but i do not think i have the right to complain, because each time i visit Bo Jangles the manager is very nice to me, and always gives me a free drink.

What do you guys think?

So you got ripped off on your order but got a free beverage of which the most costliest component is the cup. they still made out.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Johkal

said by Johkal:

You explain that you do not want any reimbursement or free food.

No, you just want what you paid for but didn't get!!1

ever notice mistakes at the drive through are almost ALWAYS in favor of the restaurant!

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

said by dvd536:

said by Johkal:

ever notice mistakes at the drive through are almost ALWAYS in favor of the restaurant!

No; because he is already ahead with the free sodas he gets.
"each time i visit Bo Jangles the manager is very nice to me, and always gives me a free drink."
--
In God we trust; all others bring data!

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3

1 recommendation

A free drink might cost them a quarter at the most, and when they buy something they are still making a profit. The profit margins on soda are insane.

They just need to bring the error to the manager, and hopefully they resolve the problem, along with preventing it in the future as people are less likely to return if their orders keep getting screwed up. I don't eat fat food often, but people I know who do find chain fat food tends to screw it up frequently.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent out necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

I agree. That's why i never buy a drink at fast food restaurants unless it comes with a combo.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley
reply to BlitzenZeus

As I said:

"All you have to do is inform the manager that a mistake was made so he can keep an eye out for reoccurring mistakes with other customers. You explain that you do not want any reimbursement or free food. You just thought he should know for the benefit of the store and the customers."

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

Yea. Next time i go there i will inform the manager.

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:3
reply to M A R S

IF you happen to be passing through those areas you mentioned, with time to spare on your journey, Bo Jangles is worth a try. Not good enough for a special trip. They have quite a varied menu for breakfast or lunch/dinner. I have always gotten moist fried chicken there. I like the "steak" or Cajun chicken biscuits for breakfast. They have some berry filled biscuits that are OK. The usual side dishes of macaroni, potatoes, rice, beans, and grits. Again, a nice place to stop, but not worth a special trip. »www.bojangles.com/menu

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Johkal

said by Johkal:

said by dvd536:

said by Johkal:

No; because he is already ahead with the free sodas he gets.
"each time i visit Bo Jangles the manager is very nice to me, and always gives me a free drink."

costs them about a nickel knowing its one of those ripoff joints that have the syrup turned way down. if he gets ripped off more often than once in 40 visits[assuming it was a $1.99 sandwich] they're still ahead.

Johkal
Cool Cat
Premium,MVM
Happy Valley

Assumptions and mathematical guess work isn't convincing. Sorry; not working.

Santa Fe
Man is an animal that wants to exist.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to davidhoffman

said by davidhoffman:

IF you happen to be passing through those areas you mentioned, with time to spare on your journey, Bo Jangles is worth a try. Not good enough for a special trip. They have quite a varied menu for breakfast or lunch/dinner. I have always gotten moist fried chicken there. I like the "steak" or Cajun chicken biscuits for breakfast. They have some berry filled biscuits that are OK. The usual side dishes of macaroni, potatoes, rice, beans, and grits. Again, a nice place to stop, but not worth a special trip. »www.bojangles.com/menu

Yep, not going

this far just to try them.
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

The Pig
I know you want to be me
Premium
join:2009-09-11
reply to Oleg

I go back to the person that served me and tell them!
They always fix the problem and NO managers need know anything!
Why get some kid in trouble over a mistake?

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ

said by The Pig:

I go back to the person that served me and tell them!
They always fix the problem and NO managers need know anything!
Why get some kid in trouble over a mistake?

Good idea! because if you get him in trouble with his manager, HE'LL REMEMBER YOU and may give you something extra on your next visit!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
reply to Oleg

People make mistakes, we're not andriods (thank heavens). But remember what these people get paid, and how they are treated by these employers. Most fast food joints pay minimum wage or just over and work people so hard it isn't funny.

Restaurant work is hot, greasy, sticky, miserable work. And it isn't Bo Jangles, it is Bojangles.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ
reply to Oleg

Never heard of this chain, is it closer to a Mcdonalds or more like Dennys?
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

It's more like KFC, but the food is better somewhat. They offered dirty rice (I love it) at the one in Clarksville TN where I lived. Sadly, it was moved to Nashville.

dave
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Oleg

said by Oleg:

each time i visit Bo Jangles the manager is very nice to me, and always gives me a free drink.

I assume you have to dance?

Oleg
Premium
Birmingham, AL

said by dave:

said by Oleg:

each time i visit Bo Jangles the manager is very nice to me, and always gives me a free drink.

Very funny Davide.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo

said by signmeuptoo:

Restaurant work is hot, greasy, sticky, miserable work.

The price one pays for not staying in school and their noses in the books.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
Phoenix, AZ

1 recommendation

reply to dave

said by dave:

said by Oleg:

in worn out shoes?

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to dvd536

That is a generalization, many people have to take crappy jobs even with college education. Me, for instance. But we're not going there!

Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

said by signmeuptoo:

That is a generalization, many people have to take crappy jobs even with college education. Me, for instance. But we're not going there!

you mean like the thousands of kids exiting college with college debt totally more than the debt some have in buying a home and no company wants someone fresh out of school so the flip burgers and barely make enough to cover the payments for that college degree that promised a well paying job four years ago.
--
[65 Arcanist]Filan(High Elf) Zone: Broadband Reports

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

I grew up, from the age of 14, working 20+ hours a week (usually much more) in a very gross restaurant. I'd go home well after midnight filthy and exhausted. I did it to save money up for my future. Sadly, my parents spent the thousands I saved. And I didn't go to college until much later in life. I also grew up being told I would never amount to anything and that I was retarded. But I managed to get an Associates in a physics oriented program.

Now I am old, about to turn 54, and looking for work, and planning on going back to school again. When life gives you lemons, you get some sugar and water and make lemonade. Scrounging the sugar and water can be hard, but having the lemons gets you started, at least.

Our economy is going to be bad for another 10 years, no president, no congress, no corporation is going to save us. Our sole hope is the mother of invention, people who create new things that see huge demand. We need some new thing like the personal computer, or the automobile, which not only changed the direction of humanity, but employed countless families. Our sole hope is the mother of invention.

In the mean time, we will work in filthy restaurants and pray our parents don't take our savings for themselves...
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.