CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX
kudos:6
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: [Internet] DOCSIS 3.0

I can only assume it can't be too far off for BHN since Time Warner only within the last couple months or so started allowing customer owned modems (even D3 ones) as long as it was on the approved modems list. The moto SB6141 is one of them on that list too.

But still though I always tell people in the road runner forum that ask questions about customer owned modems to just stick with renting one because what if you have a problem, the first thing they would blame would be your equipment and if your modem ever goes bad you have to pay XX amount of money to buy a new one. If you stick with renting your equipment gets replaced for free.
--
»www.akaskriller.com - Your ultimate source for all android needs.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:139

said by CptGemini:

I can only assume it can't be too far off for BHN since Time Warner only within the last couple months or so started allowing customer owned modems (even D3 ones) as long as it was on the approved modems list. The moto SB6141 is one of them on that list too.

But still though I always tell people in the road runner forum that ask questions about customer owned modems to just stick with renting one because what if you have a problem, the first thing they would blame would be your equipment and if your modem ever goes bad you have to pay XX amount of money to buy a new one. If you stick with renting your equipment gets replaced for free.

Nobody is going to blame anything but if we detect a problem with the device it will be something you get fixed if you use your own modem....otherwise we take care of it all.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~