share rss forum feed

UofMiamiGrad
Premium
join:2001-02-03
Great Neck, NY
reply to Stevies3

Re: Verizon upgrading FIOS tiers

said by Stevies3:

I have the 612 ONT, what's the fastest this model can be used for?

75/35 package!

danclan

join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA

1 edit
Click for full size
Lovely 610 ONT
I am entering Verizon CSR hell....having made now 4 calls since last Monday they say it will take another week to determine why my address isn't able to get a triple play...which I just refuse to believe.

Sure they are crushed with orders since the new tiers rolled out but seriously I've not received a single call back, ive be re-routed several times to hear the same story...GAH!! It's not rocket science, they have to replace the ONT since i have the Tellabs 610x which isnt DV capable...

So I may just force the issue and get the 150/65 stand alone which will force the ONT upgrade then I can triple bundle then deal with billing to sort out the resulting mess....I am so excited I can't stand it.

My Lovely ONT...

Stevies3

join:2001-12-29
Woodbury, NY
reply to UofMiamiGrad
No wonder that was my limit, But they didn't offer any higher speeds. Perhaps it's not in my area?

CBowen

@verizon.net
Stevies3, Which phone plan do you have? I am on Freedom Essentials, regular phone service and the fastest I can get is 35/35. If I want faster service I need to switch to Digital Voice. I don't know if I can switch over since it wasn't offered on the web and the web chat thingy didn't mention it.

Stevies3

join:2001-12-29
Woodbury, NY
I have Digital Voice unlimited.

danclan

join:2005-11-01
Midlothian, VA
reply to CBowen
said by CBowen :

Stevies3, Which phone plan do you have? I am on Freedom Essentials, regular phone service and the fastest I can get is 35/35. If I want faster service I need to switch to Digital Voice. I don't know if I can switch over since it wasn't offered on the web and the web chat thingy didn't mention it.

You need to search out nearby neighbors via web lookup and see if they are eligible for DV( instructions are in this thread, I use private browsing session and enter their address then say existing service isnt mine but im moving in and the current customer will disconnect via different order).

You can also look and see what model ONT you have to see if it's an older model that doesnt support DV. Once you have confirmed if your neighbors can get it, and that your ONT does/does NOT support then you will know what options you have.

KramarK

join:2012-06-30
said by danclan:

said by CBowen :

You need to search out nearby neighbors via web lookup and see if they are eligible for DV( instructions are in this thread, I use private browsing session and enter their address then say existing service isnt mine but im moving in and the current customer will disconnect via different order).

Searching your neighbors is not always accurate even with private browsing. I have found that different results are given based on the geographical area and whether or not they are upgrading services in that area. It also depends on the equipment already installed at a location. My neighbor does not have FiOS equipment installed. If I enter their address and pretend I am moving there to establish service absolutely no FiOS services are listed as being available.

My address has 75/35. But my other neighbor only has the 50 MB service listed as being available. If you enter my address and say you are moving in as a new customer only the 50 MB service is listed as being available even though I have 75/35.

The whole damn thing is screwed up if you ask me.

Hispanic

join:2000-01-22
Hoboken, NJ
Click for full size
I got my service upgraded to the 150mb tier today. I'm happy.