how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sssscary

join:2007-10-23
Brockville, ON

voicemail email notification suddenly not working after 7 yr

My voicemail email notification suddenly not working on my vonage account after about 7 years of working fine. Its been off for about a week or so. I have 3 email address they go to and none of them are getting the notification. I can still look online and still get the stutter tone. I called vonage twice and the second time, they say they are working on these features right now and it will be working later today. (I am on vonage Canada). Why don't I believe them?
Anyone else having this issue?

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

I am not currently having this problem, but with some email providers I have had to put "*@vm.vonage.com" into my email account's spam white list in order to keep Vonage voice mail notifications from being detected as spam.
--
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

sssscary

Brockville, ON
reply to sssscary

Thanks for the response. I did check the spam folder on all accounts and nothing there.

efrem

join:2002-04-03
Westport, CT

This has happened to me several times over the years.

Fixes that have worked some of the time:

Via the Vonage website disable the feature and then re-enable it.
or
Temporarily change the destination email addresses.
or
Some combination of the above.

Good luck.

sssscary

Brockville, ON

Thanks, I did try all those ideas, multiple times. I tried them on my own, then the vonage support person tried them. Still nothing. I have a support incident in and have also contacted someone on the Vonage forum on vonage website. Hopefully someone will actually do something, like check the server that is sending the emails?

sssscary

Brockville, ON
reply to sssscary

Some one from the Executive Response Team Technical contacted me and fixed the problem in about 5 minutes. Had to reset some string on some other system and its back to working. I think posting in the official vonage forum is the way to get support from them, calling in is just painful!