therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

1 edit

therube to Mele20

to Mele20

Re: Firefox 'New Tab' Feature Exposes Users' Secured Info

quote:
This new feature of tricking the user into thinking their tabs are fully loaded is just that... a trick. I want all tabs fully loaded before I use the browser. I don't mind waiting for them to load.
It is no trick.
Getting snappy – performance optimizations in Firefox 13

If you don't like how it works now, change it so it works how it used to. (It looks like browser.sessionstore.max_concurrent_tabs in SeaMonkey & browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand[?] in FF.)
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

said by therube:

quote:
This new feature of tricking the user into thinking their tabs are fully loaded is just that... a trick. I want all tabs fully loaded before I use the browser. I don't mind waiting for them to load.
It is no trick.
Getting snappy – performance optimizations in Firefox 13

If you don't like how it works now, change it so it works how it used to. (It looks like browser.sessionstore.max_concurrent_tabs in SeaMonkey & browser.sessionstore.restore_on_demand[?] in FF.)

It is a trick because the tabs APPEAR to be loaded but they are not. That is called a "trick". There is zero point in having tabs restored on starting Fx or SM unless they are actually all restored when you start the browser. Otherwise, you should just go back to IE 6 type browsing. No point in tabs and certainly no point in restoring tabs. You might as well tell the browsers to not manage your sessions.

I have used Session Manager ever since development on it started ...many years ago. I use it on both Fx and SM. I don't see this crazy behavior in either browser. I have Fx 10 ESR and Fx 4.01 on my host machine. I still think it is far superior to Fx 10 and Fx 1.5 is the finest of Fx. After that it has been all downhill. I have SM 2.10.1 and I don't see this on it. I see the behavior on Opera 12 though.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

Define "fully loaded" and this "trick" you speak of because, for my part, the loading behavior appears the same between 11.x and 12, aside from being faster in 12.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube to Mele20

to Mele20
There is zero point in having tabs restored on starting Fx or SM unless they are actually all restored when you start the browser - for you.

But not for me.

And there is a choice in the matter.

Now FF went with one default.
And SeaMonkey went with the other default.

But either can change to the other.

That's called choice & that is fine by me.