All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
emprjoe
join:2010-12-27
Audubon, IA

emprjoe

Windstream is just a complexity of broken promises.

I am sure that I am not the windstream customer either the worst or the best off, but I am annoyed at broken promises.

It all goes back a few years to when Windstream came into Iowa and sucked up iowatelecom. Iowatelecom was always a nice telco company, I can't complain about them. They told us we would get 1.5/354 We always did, it was consistant, our speed in our modem was limited at 1964/564, mostly so they knew we would get speeds of 1.5/354 constantly. I always liked that. When windstream came in we decided it would be cheaper with their current price for life guarentee, since the price wouldn't go up anymore. So we bit. They told us we were buying the 3.0 mbps download plan, but that it wasn't ready so we would pay for 3.0 mbps while getting 1.5 until they would come out and put up another "Box" (I know the name of what they are now but I can't remember it for certain, it is)(They stick out of the ground and have wires and stuff in them, they increase signal etc.) Well, the "Box" was like 200 feet too far away, so they said that they would be out to put one up, when they did we would get a free upgrade to 3.0 mbps. I live 3 miles from town in the country, honestly, our line from the town to here is complete sh*1, It has needed to be buried forever. a year or so ago last february a pole snapped, it hung over the road, line was on it and everything, they came and removed the pole, but the line is still about touching the ground, it is only a matter of time before someone gets hurt or the line touches the ground, etc. I live out in rural iowa, so they don't care about us, granted, but still they could care just slightly more. I am sure that by now even if they did fix the pole and put the box up, we wouldn't get a free upgrade to 3.0 mbps, and even if we did it would be on merge, and we would have to pay a higher rate in 2 years, no price for life... BTW, My modem now says 1536/379...

TL;DR, windstream is a complexity of broken promises, and also they don't give a *f* about you.