share rss forum feed

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
kudos:2

VZW Clueless About WMATA Underground

Up until about 4 years ago (about 6 months after I got a Moto Razr), I had flawless service throughout the Washington DC Metro. Then something changed and since then the tunnels between stations are dead zones for VZW but folks using other carriers are not having issues. Same problem from Day One with my current handset.

I have called VZW a number of times about it and they have no idea what I'm talking about. Some reps claim there *never* was underground service and I must be mistaken about it. Others say they'll put in a report after I jump through hoops identifying myself and answering dumb questions like "Is your battery charged?" or "Do you have a messaging plan?" I called again a little while ago and the woman told me that I "must upgrade to a smartphone and data plan because [my] current basic phone and $10 data plan does not include underground service."

COME. ON.

Overall I have been satisfied with VZW (been with them for 17 years now since they were Bell Atlantic Mobile). But, this is absolutely ridiculous. How do I get through to them that there is a dead zone problem throughout the Metrorail system (not just 1 or 2 spots)?
--
"Dance like the photo isn't being tagged; love like you've never been unfriended; and tweet like nobody is following."

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4

" $10 data plan does not include underground service. "

I'm still laughing over that ...
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/