Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Comcast Guy

join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA
reply to andyross

Re: 3D TV dying

I'm picking up a 3-D TV this week. The new Samsung glasses aren't that bad, but I can't see myself sitting through an entire football game for it. I do look forward to some 3-D blurays.

Many of the best rated HD sets are the 3-D ones, so they'll still be selling it looks like.

mrschultz02

join:2007-09-10
Media, PA

Yeah, I also got a Samsung and the glasses are very light, no different than wearing sunglasses. And the glasses have now gotten way cheaper, I see Target has them for $20 now.

There's a website called "Is it Real or Fake 3D", I wish I had found it earlier, when I go through the 3D Blu-Rays I have all the ones I was disappointed with come from the fake column.

Stuff shot with 3D cameras looks great, stuff converted from 2D is just annoying. For animation it seems to depend on how much depth they used when building the computer models of the scenes (and setting a good angle when rendering the right and left frames).

I had a problem with ghosting on some discs, but turning down the contrast helps that problem.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL

said by mrschultz02:

Yeah, I also got a Samsung and the glasses are very light, no different than wearing sunglasses. And the glasses have now gotten way cheaper, I see Target has them for $20 now.

What type of 3D glasses is that $20 for? LG uses theater-style polarized glasses, which can be cheap, but cuts resolution in half. Most everybody else uses active-shutter LCD glasses, and those are expensive.

Comcast Guy

join:2008-01-16
Harrisburg, PA

The Samsung active glasses that are non-rechargeable are $19.99 at Best Buy.