kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms

1 edit

2 recommendations

reply to telco_mtl

Re: Respect to experts

I was kind of disappointed to see the bashing of home inspectors as a whole because of one knuckle head (Not the OP, but in regard to a previous thread).
A home inspector is a vital first line of defense for every home buyer. No person can be an expert in every field.
Just like any other occupation, there are some bad apples in every bunch. That will never change. I can think of 10 knucklehead electricians right of the top of my head. Guys who have no business touching wire and probably bribed their way to a license.
Likening the occupation of a home inspector to other menial jobs (I think "fry cook" was tossed about) isn't appropriate either.
I still highly recommend a home inspection to potential buyers. I think most mortgage companies require them now anyway, right?

An expert home inspector is worth their weight in gold.
--
...because I care.

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
said by nunya:

I was kind of disappointed to see the bashing of home inspectors as a whole because of one knuckle head.
A home inspector is a vital first line of defense for every home buyer. No person can be an expert in every field.
Just like any other occupation, there are some bad apples in every bunch. That will never change. I can think of 10 knucklehead electricians right of the top of my head. Guys who have no business touching wire and probably bribed their way to a license.
Likening the occupation of a home inspector to other menial jobs (I think "fry cook" was tossed about) isn't appropriate either.
I still highly recommend a home inspection to potential buyers. I think most mortgage companies require them now anyway, right?

An expert home inspector is worth their weight in gold.

I may have come across the wrong way bashing the field, but there isnt enough control in the field of inspections, here in canada the real estate market is still fairly good, and these people are in high demand, sadly too many people who have no prior building experience are doing it.

Some consumers are blinded by the glitz that some of these guys put on. When i bought my home, the inspector i hired did an excellent job, his report was clear and detailed. He was barely litterate and had many spelling and grammar errors, to the untrained eye it could be seen as a terrible report, personally i found it great. On the other hand my friend had his house inspected, he got a hard covered binder with lots of photos and checklists, he thinks its great, i looked at it, its 10 pounds of fluff.

My point was i see guys even around where i live who will contradict the word of an experienced electrician who was brought in post inspection.