Fronkman
An Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Premium
join:2003-06-23
Saint Louis, MO
reply to Viper677

Re: Respect to experts

said by Viper677:

If you went by what the real estate recommended then its again your fault and you should talk to your realtor about that.

Nice of you to just write off my experience by saying that my realtor is the one at fault, not the home inspector who had no business collecting money for the work he was doing.

In fact, I didn't use my realtor at all. I instead obtained recommendations from friends, scoured internet sites like Angie's List. We had a list of 10 companies that we asked for sample reports and resumes of the inspectors. We ultimately chose a company with a BBB rating of A+, an inspector with 25 years of "experience" along with all of the various licensing and certifications. I don't know what more we could have done.
--
Everyone should own a Mac! Go Bucks!

Viper677
Certified Home Inspector

join:2012-03-22
Toronto
said by Fronkman:

said by Viper677:

If you went by what the real estate recommended then its again your fault and you should talk to your realtor about that.

Nice of you to just write off my experience by saying that my realtor is the one at fault, not the home inspector who had no business collecting money for the work he was doing.

In fact, I didn't use my realtor at all. I instead obtained recommendations from friends, scoured internet sites like Angie's List. We had a list of 10 companies that we asked for sample reports and resumes of the inspectors. We ultimately chose a company with a BBB rating of A+, an inspector with 25 years of "experience" along with all of the various licensing and certifications. I don't know what more we could have done.

I never tried to write-off your experience, I actually gave you credit for your knowledge.

There are good inspectors and there are bad inspectors and unfortunately you hired (unintentionally) someone who was not good enough (based on what was said, i was not there nor i have seen that report so I can not say for sure).
--
Certified Home Inspector
Certified Level 1 Thermographer