spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DP2162
join:2002-11-18

DP2162

Service to a non residential/business location

Hello,
I am working on a project of installing IP Cameras in an HOA.The problem I am having is getting bandwidth to the cameras for monitoring purpose. The idea is to put a post in the ground, mount the camera on it and house all the equipment in a nema enclosure. Does ATT have a bandwidth product for such an application?

Thanks
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

I would think the HOA would want to create the local area network independently from AT&T. They HOA should be able to install conduit underground, run electrical power and fiber or Ethernet connections to each pole. Send all the data connections back to an equipment room. Why get AT&T DSL involved with that? If you wanted to do part of it with wireless connections, you can do that also.

Ruckus Wireless »www.ruckuswireless.com/ might be able to help design a wireless network to meet your needs.

As far as getting the camera images to the World Wide Web, that depend on exactly where you are located, and what internet services are already available. If you are in the correct location, AT&T or some other enterprise level ISP might be able to connect you to a 100Mbps symmetrical internet access fiber optic line, for a price. If you are not close enough you might have to pay a few hundred thousand dollars to get one installed. Or several million dollars.
DP2162

DP2162

Thanks for the kind reply.I guess I should have been more clear.
I am familiar with Ruckus as I am a partner. For this application I am going to be using Engenius Technology products. What I was asking is if it is possible for ATT to provide bandwidth to one of the poles..

DataRiker
Premium Member
join:2002-05-19

DataRiker

Premium Member

If you have a sealed enclosure with a power outlet they will put it anywhere they can run a wire to.

Shadow01
Premium Member
join:2003-10-24
Wasteland

Shadow01 to DP2162

Premium Member

to DP2162
As long as the location has a legal service address, you should be able to get service.
DP2162

DP2162

That is the problem. There is no office for th eHOA in the ommunity, so there is no service address. The location would be a pole in th ecommon area in the community.
I guess I will need to look at a 4G scenario
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

The HOA community does not have any community common facilities? No guard shacks with power and telephone? No community tennis courts with night lights? No street lamps that the HOA pays for the operation of? I am thinking that almost anything community common would be able to have a separate address with the billing going to whatever is the actual address of the HOA office. Or maybe AT&T would not be that flexible. I am just guessing.
DP2162

DP2162

The only common facility is a park. There are no gates,guards nor tennis courts. This is basic HOA community.
It is managed by a management Company so there is no local office.
mnorris802
join:2011-06-06
Blue Springs, MO
ARRIS NVG589

mnorris802

You need to get the 911 address for the parcel of land on which the pole would sit. That is how AT&T validates service addresses. Even if it is a bare lot, it still has a 911 address.

Once you have a street address, the service can be provisioned with a designator such as "telephone pole" in the address info, and we will run service to it.

You will want to order it as far in advance as possible, because engineering will likely have to get involved to provision facilities.