spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

Justices

Need to rule in favor of Comcast. Those companies it bought were NEVER competing with Comcast to start off with. They were bought outside of their footprint and allowed Comcast to expand. But while we're suing Comcast we need to sue TWC as well- after all they're doing the same thing. In fact- they actually did take a competitor in some places- Insight.

NameTaken

@nor-consult.com

I'm completely unsure on this; but what I would find fault with is various monopoly provisioning agreements that ban competing services from a given area city/county or even the local apartment complex agreements.

join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

monoploy agreements for cities are illegal; meaning your city can't contract Comcast for the entire City and only them; But it is legal for private businesses to contract another- regardless what the FCC says - if it went to court- the courts would rule that the FCC has no legal or ruling power to tell XXX Apartments that they can't contract CentLink for VDSL/IPTV, and Phone.

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
reply to NameTaken

said by NameTaken :

I'm completely unsure on this; but what I would find fault with is various monopoly provisioning agreements that ban competing services from a given area city/county or even the local apartment complex agreements.

Yes, you're unsure.
Competing services aren't banned, they just can't make a profit as the third last-mile offering, going against the MSO, ILEC, and two satellite companies, so they won't get off the ground. There is no fault.

Apartment complexes are private entities; management is charged with maintaining the premises and wiring - and they are within their rights to enter into exclusive agreements for broadband providers - if you don't like it, you don't have to live there. Exclusive MDU agreements can mean you get fiber-optic service levels when your neighbors outside the complex are still wanting for DSL.